Would you ever go back to an organized religion after leaving the Witnesses

by MicStroz 40 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

No I never would and in fact would like to see a banning of all religon in the world. I have felt strongly about this especially since 9/11 and the Catholic Church sexual abuse of children scandals. I feel if you want to worship pray in your home, read whatever silly book you believe in.

Maybe I just have sour grapes since I had such a horrible experience due to a organized religon.

• shamus
    shamus

nope

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

"Religion as practiced today deals in punishments and rewards.
    In other words, it breeds fear and greed -- the two things
    most destructive of spirituality."

---- Anthony De Mello

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

NO never ever would I join any organized religion.

Once was enough. I have my own beliefs and believe that this is between me and the creator.

If that won't get the job done, so be it.

Outoftheorg

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

NO!!!

Would never trust it again...Think I have a very strong BS-O-Meter set up after being a JW.

Maybe--I might take up yoga for exercise or some sort of relaxation tecnique (meditation)--maybe some oriental defense sort of thing for exercise, but never will I join anything that puts a control over me or requires me to put in X amount of hours or time in to stay in their favor.

Otherwise, I would rather be hiking up a mountain or communing with nature in some way--this is when I feel most spiritual...

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4JWY
    4JWY

echo to codeblue: S N A R E & A R A C K E T so eloquently stated!

• Sassy
    Sassy
    grow up as a JW and

feel I was worked over pretty good by them. Could never trust any

group that much again.

that is how I feel...........as much as i would like to fill that spiritual void (if indeed we were created with one).. how do you trust any organized religion after what we have been put through..

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Never say never.
    Life has an interesting way of taking statements and biting you in the ass with them.

Religion has it's place in the world.
    Personally I enjoy meeting folks from a wide range of spiritual persuasions, and these can just as often be found in a church.
    I don't allow my previous "fear" of churches have a hold over me. I choose to confront fear when I find it in my life.

So much of how we view things is simply in our minds...

• shotgun
    shotgun

Maybe...But it has to have orgies and depraved sexual practises involved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit