My uncle passed away..

by Valis 46 Replies latest social family

• Valis
    Valis

Thanks everyone..one good thing that came of it is I talked for a long time w/my parents last night...not a lick of JW stuff..all family related and very revealing. Which maybe I'll get to down the road.

weds...a dustup is an argument or a bit of a fight. He wanted me to do something I was incapable of doing for several reasons. He was mad because I couldn't/wouldn't. I don't think he was very happy near the end at all.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• flower
    flower

:(

sorry to hear about your uncle. thats very sad. condolences to you and your family during this time.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm sorry about you losing your uncle Valis.

• Valis
    Valis

Thanks ladies...One thing I remember about him is he loved chess. Even though a troubled soul he was wickedly intelligent...He beat every machine I ever saw him play..and me...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• shamus
    shamus

Sorry to hear of your loss, Valius.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I remember your previous post about your uncle, Travis, my condolences.

• Valis
    Valis

thank you Six and Shamu..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Sabine
    Sabine

So sorry Valis, your point about the religion taking a person's passion away was something Makena and I were talking about first thing this morning. He used to play piano at the circuit assemblies, and he told me that every time literally dozens of the JWs would say "oh, my dream is to play music, first thing I'll devote my time to in the new system"...

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

(((((((Valis))))))) sorry to hear about the passing of your uncle. The words you wrote were beautiful about him, and I am sure he thought of you and those memories as well. hugggggggggggss Dede

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((((Valis))))))

sorry to hear about your uncle.

I'm glad you had a long discussion with your parents. Maybe, just maybe there is hope for them yet.

Hugs,

Joy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit