My uncle passed away..

by Valis 46 Replies latest social family

• Valis
    Valis

It was only a matter of time before my uncle Nathan passed away. I wished I had gone and seen him before he died, but I didn't because we had a dustup about a month ago. He was a sad tale..He had the talent beaten out of him by his abusive alchoholic elder for a father...he played classical cello for a while...except all that talent was robbed from him...So he ran...ran away and joined the Navy...left the Navy and led a hard life...jail, homelessness, near death motorcycle accidents, etc...He ended up in the VA hospital about a year ago...he had fallen into a deep depression after succumbing to the inherited condition Anti Trypsin(Sp?) Deficiency...basically not being able to process oyxgen because of the lack of an enzyme...this led to him being bedridden, then he gained a lot of weight and couldn't take care of himself anymore. He got to the point where he couldn't AND wouldn't help himself get better so he slowly declined to being on 90% oxygen..Finally his heart just couldn't do the job anymore and he drifted off. I have fond memories of working with him in the summer quite a few times. He was while in my life one of the cool people. I remember the first time I watched the Remo WIlliams movie it was at his apartment. Funny how you think of small things eh? Well rest in peace Nathan...and I hope some of you lurking out there realize what can happen when you beat the life and spirit out of a child. You lose them and they lose themselves. Have a good day everyone.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

{{Valis}}

You and your family will be in our thoughts an prayers.

Hang in there.

Rev

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

((((((((Valis)))))))))We are sorry for your loss

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

((((((((((((((((((Valis)))))))))))))))))

That is such a sad story, no make that life. I'm sorry to hear of your loss, hang on to the good thoughts and times you had with him. Life is so short.......

Hugs sweetie!

Kate

• happehanna
    happehanna

I am sorry for your loss Valis.

Poor Nathan RIP.

• Scully
    Scully

(((((((((( Valis ))))))))))

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Love, Scully

• little witch
    little witch

I am so sorry Valis for your loss. Don't beat yourself up for not being there. We all do the best that we are able at the time, and hindsight makes us grow and learn.

We cannot change the past, but we grow and become better people in the next go round.

(((hugs)))

• Valis
    Valis

Thanks everyone....I was cleaning my room yesterday...eheh Herculean task no less...and I ran accross his baseball card collection he had given me...I think I'm going to sell them and make a charitable or to some organization or another. I don't hold any special connection to them for some reason, so maybe they can be put to some good.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

((((((((Travis))))))))) I'm sorry for your loss. Hold on to the good memories !!

• little witch
    little witch

Good idea hon. I bet he is on the sidelines clapping, and doing the wave!

Make something good from it, I agree wholeheartedly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit