My uncle passed away..

by Valis 46 Replies latest social family

• talesin
    talesin

{{{{valis}}}}

thinking of you ...

re, the argument. Same thing happened to me with my friend last year ... we hadn't made up and he died. He knew he was dying, but didn't tell any of us. I felt so guilty for being angry at him, and didn't know our time together was to be so short. Still feeling bad, but we are not perfect, so try to focus on the good times and the love that you shared. I'm sure that he knew you loved him.

tal

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Damn Travis, I'm sorry. The charitable donation sounds like a good way to remember him.

Chris

• TheStar
    TheStar

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((Valis))))))))))))))))))))

I remember reading about your uncle in a previous thread you started about him, I'm very sorry to hear of his passing. I'm sure he knew how much you cared about him. I'm glad you were able to have a good converstaion with your parents about it.

I haven't been around much but I think of you often and hope you are well.

Lots of Love,

Ali (aka Star)

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I'm so sorry for your loss, and especially am thinking of you now, since you didn't get to mend fences a bit more before he passed. I'm certain you would have though.

I have only two living Uncles left, both are age 78. Both stopped connecting with me years ago. My mother's brother lives 1,000 miles away, and he used to at least send me a yearly card. I still write to him periodically, but was dismayed awhile back, when I was told that he does not open and read any cards or letters. We visited him several times, and he was there, but wouldn't come to the door. He never married--never had kids. For years now, he has been a total recluse. Oh well.

My father's only remaining brother has never reciprocated desires to become closer. I used to send letters and cards, or visit on occasion over the years. (never invited) I just gave up trying. I have two cousins and lots of second counsins, and they are all like strangers. The ONLY time I get a card is if there has been a death in the family.

My family is just a bit weird I think. Sibbling riralry between my dad and his brother was carried to extremes into adulthood, and the rifts affected the offspring. My mother's brother has some emotional problems but refuses to take any medication that would help him. None of them were ever JW's either...go figure. Of course, my mother didn't help matters when she discourage us to not associate with any family when we were JW's. Still, when we got out, and made our own families, we made the effort and were still ignored. So be it.

Aren't you glad that you have some really good memories of your loved one to carry with you? I know very little on the personal level about these two relatives of mine. I used to take it very personally, and allowed it to sadden me. Since, I have just learned to let go. There are so many things in life we can't control.

Take care.

/<

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

((((Valis)))))

Paul

• Valis
    Valis

Thank you everyone. Have a good afternoon and thanks again for the kind thoughts.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• nilfun
    nilfun
    I hope some of you lurking out there realize what can happen when you beat the life and spirit out of a child.

This is so sad. My condolences, ((Valis & family))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit