More KM convention instruction gems! (KM Feb 04)

by ozziepost 56 Replies latest jw friends

• cypher50
    cypher50
    "Lift up the phone and make a call". If you have to have this S P E L L E D out for you, you must be stupid. I mean, think about it!

Well, they certainly do not want to have you use the Internet...you might find a lower price on Expedia or even stumble across an evil apostate website!

• shamus
    shamus

I'm going to the police about Elsewhere. I hope that they bump him up to adult court.

• toreador
    toreador

Tailgate parties in the convention parking lot! Now that would be a hoot! LOL

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    While it has been suggested that we bring a light lunch to eat at noon, it is not appropriate to set up tables in the parking lot to serve a large meal. This would give the impression of the tailgate parties that are common at sporting events.

I laughed when I read this one, Seriously now folks, do they really think that people are going to get the impression that a bunch of guys in suits and modestly dressed women and children eating their lunch in a parking lot is going to "give the impression of a tail gate party." That is too funny.

During the last 4 day assembly that I did not attend it was annouced that there would be no food allowed in the assembly hall beside what was being served at the assembly hall concession stand. Seriously, they told us the only food that would be served during those 4 days would be 2 choices: chili beans or hot dogs. I can't eat hot dogs because of some of the chemicals in them and eating chili for 4 days is not a good choice either. No meals for vegetarians either. I was already on my way out and thinking of not going, but the hot dog and chili bean thing was an irritation to me when I heard it. It was also strongly advised not to leave the assembly hall during the convention. So imagine 4 days in an enclosed building with everybody eating hot dogs and chili...

• cypher50
    cypher50
    So imagine 4 days in an enclosed building with everybody eating hot dogs and chili...

I would call it a volatile & explosive situation.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Its like a Simpsons episode a hotdog=a rat, boot and some shoe string!

I hate the Joe Wits! Anybody agree with me!

Or is it just my imagination?

• cypher50
    cypher50

You know, I have to defend the JWs for once: maybe it was because I was under 11 and it was free food...maybe it was because I lived in a lower NY State circuit & district...but the food at our circuit & district assemblies weren't horrible when I was growing up. Besides the cheap Shasta, I was alright eating all the Roast Beef sandwiches I could get...and the Sara Lee Apple Danishes weren't anything to stick your nose up at either. Plus the ice cream, potato chips, and even Swiss Miss hot chocolate hit the spot...yea, we DEFINITELY weren't going to the same conventions, people.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I would call it a VOLATILE AND EXPLOSIVE SITUATION!

• heathen
    heathen

got my forty homey--- I hate the petty cheezy attitude of the WTBTS , it's like they have to control every friggen move and in the mean time condemn sports fans like they are nothing but trash because they like to have tail gate parties and watch football . I love football and feel personally insulted by that statement . It's not like a wild orgy and and gold calf involved here , jesus didn't think anything of people eating out doors in fact he blessed the loaves and fishies so there was enough to eat and that was after they were done listening to him teach all day. God forbid the WTBTS should actually offer some food and drink without making people pay for it . I mean they don't even let people discuss buisness inside kingdom halls but will sell food and drink at assemblies . All the while they will tell everyone they need more donations to cover expenses like it's some kind of friggen telethon or something .

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

# It's not like a wild orgy and and gold calf involved here , jesus didn't think anything of people eating out doors in fact he blessed the loaves and fishies so there was enough to eat and that was after they were done listening to him teach all day. God forbid the WTBTS should actually offer some food and drink without making people pay for it . I mean they don't even let people discuss buisness inside kingdom halls but will sell food and drink at assemblies . All the while they will tell everyone they need more donations to cover expenses like it's some kind of friggen telethon or something .#

Heathen, this comment had me giggling so hard, but I also appreciated the common sense behind your humor! Gotta love ya! :)

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit