More KM convention instruction gems! (KM Feb 04)

by ozziepost 56 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Rules about sleeping, yawning, drowsiness, etc.

km 2/95 p. 4 1995 District Convention Simplification ***

In each case the delegates brought their own food for lunch. We will find that if we bring just a light noon snack, it will contribute to our having an alert mental state, enabling us to derive full benefit from the afternoon program. In harmony with this, everyone should bring food that is simple and nourishing. For example, when Jesus fed the crowds, he provided just two items, bread and fish.

km 5/87 p. 4 1987 "Trust in Jehovah" District Convention ***

We will be helped to concentrate if we remind ourselves of why we are going to the convention?to "listen and take in more instruction." (Prov. 1:5) As recorded in Isaiah 55:1, Jehovah invited his covenant people to partake of life-giving provisions that he offered without cost. But to take advantage of such, they would need to "listen intently." He added this exhortation: "Incline your ear and come to me. Listen, and your soul will keep alive." (Isa. 55:2, 3) Similarly, would we be able to accept Jehovah?s generous offer of life-sustaining spiritual nourishment in the modern-day spiritual paradise if we were too sleepy to absorb what the speakers were saying? Obviously, we want to show our appreciation by doing all we can to be mentally and physically prepared so as not to miss any of the program.

km 5/87 p. 4 1987 "Trust in Jehovah" District Convention ***

It is important to get sufficient rest each night. We want to arrive at the convention alert and eager to enjoy every minute of the program. If you arrive tired, you will not find it easy to keep awake and attentive, and your ability to benefit fully from the program will be greatly reduced. So, coming to the convention well rested each day can contribute much to our enjoying the spiritual feast.

km 5/83 p. 4 1983 "Kingdom Unity" District Convention ***

There is also no substitute for an adequate night?s rest. Convention time affords a good opportunity to renew friendships, but if we choose to do this by visiting late into the night, would we be alert enough the next day to "listen intently"? We may struggle just to keep awake. A good night?s sleep will make concentration easier.

km 5/95 p. 5 1995 "Joyful Praisers" District Convention ***

Eating or snacking during the program sessions should be avoided. This would show disrespect for the spiritual meal being served.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Badger and Heathen,

Ya gotta STOPPPP IT!

My sides are hurtin'!

hugs,

Annie......who appreciates people who can take a very painful experience and can draw humor from it.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

LOL, all jesus fed the crowds was bread and fish, as if someone from the writing staff was present there when this happened!

It reminds me of a very obese sister in my congo when I was a kid that actually stated she was turned on to the truth because of a scripture stating that the paradise was going to be the land of milk and honey! (While she jollying laughs to herself!)

So thats next in the near future huh? A article stating to get used to milk and honey cause thats all there's going to be to eat in the new world, oh yeah and bread and fish, possibly.

• cypher50
    cypher50

All the insightful advice on sleeping always made me think: they really ask a lot of people...they want you to sit for at least 3 hours at a time without nodding off? Not even professional seminars I have been to have more then a 2 hour period without at least a 15 minute break! Plus, if I were a parent with even just one kid then it would be hell trying to have them sit in one spot for such a long period of time...

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

The Pharisees could take lessons from them.

Bangalore

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Blondie (who remembers 4 drama conventions)

Me too. I lived for those dramas.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

There was a congregation in the city that had their meeting on Thursday. But when the convention list was announced, they moved their meeting to a Monday night so they can have the list before the Tuesday night meeting cong could use it. I don't know how they justified that to the congregation or as elders. A few years later the CO put an end to that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit