More KM convention instruction gems! (KM Feb 04)

by ozziepost 56 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman
    He then told me that he was convinced that the Society has some gain and somehow supports the travelling of people from Bethel or other higher ranks with this money

True. Hotels and motels provide free rooms based on a number of guaranteed reservations. Once while working at a series of conventions some distance from my home, I was given one of these freebies for three nights so that I wouldn't have to add several hours of commuting to the 12-hour days required of [job description deleted]. It seems that whatever arrangements had been made for the use of that room fell through so rather than let it go unused, they offered it to me. I liked not driving back and forth, so next week when I arrived I inquired whether there were any unused free rooms. I was told they were all being used by VIPs.

Of course, to be fair, this is just common business practice on the part of the dubs. Conventioners have to stay someplace. This saves the WTS money. Other businesses and organizations do the same thing (although the rooms are usually a lot nicer).

• shamus
    shamus

One has to wonder what the hotel staff thinks when the switchboard suddenly lights up at 9:30 at night, and keeps going for hours and hours, LOL!~

Bad enough to have a house full of jobie nitwits in there.

• heathen
    heathen

blondie--- I bet it was more about not making a mess that would have to be cleaned up in the parking lot or in front of the building . We all know how kids are and most people are not that concerned about picking up after themselves . Also it could have something to do with the Apostate picketing. I hate having to guess why they do those type of things .

• new light
    new light

It has been noted in recent years that some delegates have been leaving their rooms unkempt. In order to avoid detracting from the message and inkeeping with the command for each one to "carry his own load," it is suggested that delegates bring their own cleaning supplies in order to leave the room as it was originally presented. In lieu of a monetary gratuity, Watchtower and Awake! magazines or a relevant brochure may be left, therefore allowing hotel personnel to "keep storing up treasures in heaven."-Matthew 6:20

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

1. Lift up phone and make a call.

3. Tell what dates you want to book.

4. Ask how much?

5. If no rooms available, call another hotel/motel.

Where is number 2?? How can I go straight from number 1 to number 3?? Has Satan done something to change it??

I am confused, I need an elder to help!!!

Pope

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh wow... this thread reminded me of an "incident" that happened at a circuit assembly in the Julie Rogers Theatre in Beaumont Texas.

Outside there was a huuuuge (about 10 feet tall/long and a foot thick) piece of art that was a very thick curved square piece of bronze that was balanced on it's side so that when the wind blew it would turn into the wind. It was* a piece of very nice "functional" art.

A bunch a kids (For liability reasons I won't say weather I was one of them ) were outside during the break and they decided that it would be a load of fun to get together and push this thing around in a circle. Keep in mind, this thing was pretty big and weighed a LOT... so it took about five or ten kids to push it around. Well... it started to move and around and around it went... when all of the sudden. BANG!!!

The kids were all left standing there in horror! This thing broke loose from it's axle that joined it to the ground and fell flat on the ground. By sear dumb luck it fell away from all the kids... if it had fallen back on them it would surely have killed several, if not all of them.

So there it was... laying on the ground... and what did all of these find upstanding young brothers and sisters do? They RAN and hid amongst the crowd inside!

Sometimes I wonder whatever happened to that thing... if they ever put it back up or not.

*Note the past tense

• heathen
    heathen

Elsewhere --- LMAO I guess the bible trained conscience is just another one of those things can be turned on and off .

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

You will not get a hotel room other than the approved hotel list!

YOu will not walk in the halls during the program

You will not have tailgate party's fore the Virgin Mary doesn't approve of worldly sporting events.

You will bring a cooler that is able to fit under your seat.

You will not have sex in your hotel room thus soiling the shits with wet spots

You will leave a tip for services rendered

You will not take towels for soverniers!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Pope,

Where is number 2??

If you read the original post again, this was not meant to be the complete list, but rather examples of mindless instructions given to the R&F.

So don't worry about #2, it wasn't part of the 'story'.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Badger
    Badger
    While it has been suggested that we bring a light lunch to eat at noon, it is not appropriate to set up tables in the parking lot to serve a large meal. This would give the impression of the tailgate parties that are common at sporting events.

I don't know about you all, but that would make a convention almost tolerable

They talk a lot about Christian association, but they sure don't seem to encourage it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit