What One JW Belief Could You Never Totally Accept???

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

There is no "new system", Scoob.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

There's NOT?????

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

not being friends with nice people who are not JWs. I kept being friends with people I was friends with before my days in the Kingdumb hall. I justified it in this way that many of these people were like my family i had known them for so long...but i was wrong...found out associating with your family was even discouraged in my area.

Of course I had many other doubts too...much of what is listed above...things like innocent children and kindly grandmotherly types being destroyed at the big A by a God of Love...etc, etc...

• Dawn
    Dawn

Scoob - it's so simple. Don't you realize that perfect people don't trip? See - it's just that simple

• kat2u
    kat2u

shunning

• flower
    flower

never accepted that my father was going to make it through the big A and I wasnt!

• Flash
    Flash

That ONLY baptized Witnesses will survive Armageddon.

• dustyb
    dustyb

please don't kill yeller paw!

• particlesnwaves5
    particlesnwaves5

I think the one thing that keeps me from returning is the misogyny taught and practiced by the organization.

Another thing is that I belong to the Y. I don't understand the problem of belonging. I didn't have to profess a belief in anything. There are no crosses anywhere on the building or anything else that would indicate it is religious in nature. The national director of the Y is possibly an atheist. It is just a very nice place to work out only a few blocks from my home. I have a health problem that necessitates regular exercise. I think that belonging or not belonging should be a conscience matter. Especially when the org itself was a ngo member of the UN for the purpose of using their library.

I think so so so many things that could get one marked, reproved or disfellowshipped should have been conscience matters like voting, celebrating holidays, certain marital intimacies, going to a funeral service or wedding held in another church, having a gun as a part of employment--like policemen, jury duty, etc.

I think that the organization encourages people to be judgmental and partial. Belonging to a congregation is like living in a small, gossipy, clannish town. You never feel like you have or are entitled to any privacy. Creativity and thinking outside the of the box are stifled, and will get a person censured.

And finally, I have lost belief that the Bible was inspired by God. I now see it as a book that contains much wisdom in places. But much of it contains mythology and embellishment. I think we can learn something from it and take value from it. But there exists parts of it that was politically motivated, and encouraged the subjugation of women.

One thing about 1914 I never understood. How they decided that that particular combination of numbers were really meant to go together. It always felt to me sort of random. Why would part of the equation be in the book of Daniel and the other part in Revelation? And why would God speak in code? How could they be sure they didn't miss a factor? I always felt like the whole thing was rather contrived. When I spoke to people I would concentrate on the signs of the last days, which seemed like it was more applicable.

• Flash
    Flash
    EVERY prophecy and scripture referring to the FDS.

Amen to that!! They're forever elevating themselves!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit