What One JW Belief Could You Never Totally Accept???

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

For me it was that God will destroy billions of innocent children simply because their parents weren't Jehovah's Witnesses.....And you???

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Disfellowshipping children - young people. What a ridiculous notion.

• blondie
    blondie

I never could believe that everyone could receive an individual witness;

I believed that God would expect that before he would destroy anyone eternally.

On your note, min, I could never accept that people like Hitler would be resurrected and little babies would be killed just because of their parents' choices.

(edited to make it clear; I need sleep)

Blondie

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    For me it was that God will destroy billions of innocent children simply because their parents weren't Jehovah's Witnesses

Add to that the belief that this destruction is necessary because two people ate some fruit a hell of a long time ago.

How bloody stooooopid!

Walter

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I always believed that more people then JW's would make it though Armageddon, but by the time I was an adult, I was at odds with the Watchtower's refusal to accept evolution as a valid theory. Long before I stopped going out in servive, I would never offer a watchtower/awake combo that dealt with evolution, nor the stupid blue evo book.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

My one hang up that I could never totally accept was the same as what everone eles said. I could not believe that God would destroy the good people , children, and other non JW's, just because of the fact they were in the wrong religion. My grannie was the best person I ever knew,,,,,,,,and she was Catholic and even thou she couldnt read,,,,,,,she held her bible ever nite, prayed all day, and had her daughters read the Bible to her. I could not accept that she would die. I really figured that Jehovah would read the hearts of people in his judgement and that he would never be as harsh as what I was taught.

I was also hung up on the blood issue. You could take certain certain meds that had a fraction of a fraction of some blood product , and that was a conscience matter. But by no means could you take whole blood. That just didnt make sense to me.

I swear this C O told my husband this stupid illustration to us, when I was faced with taking a vaccination for my unborn baby that was very much needed . We didnt know what to do, so he said it was a conscious matter.

He said if you eat an apple pie, it is in a pie pan, crust on the bottom, filled with apples , and covered with a pie crust top........you have an apple pie.

But if you only eat the apples, you eat the crust , but they are not in the same form as an apple pie,,,,,you are not really eating an apple pie. I took the shot!!!!!

• sandy
    sandy

But if you only eat the apples, you eat the crust , but they are not in the same form as an apple pie,,,,,you are not really eating an apple pie.

All I can say to that is.... WTF!!!!!

What an idiot that elder is!

MAybe this elder took a logic class with our former President.

"I didn't inhale"

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

1) Annihilationism, that resurrection does not involve continuity of self from a person's former life.

2) That the faithful of old were resurrected in 1918

3) Like blondie, that a witness would be given individually to all and you would be bloodguilty if you did not witness. This seemed irreconcilable with the belief of an imminent Armageddon. Since there were nations where the preaching work was banned, how could this possibly be? Would Armageddon have to wait until the JWs would be able to preach in the USSR and Iran?

Those are some main ones I recall.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

LMAO @ Sandy,,,,,,,,,that is what I thought. I thought to me it is still the same, either we don't take blood or we do.......for gawds sake. It was stupid and by that time I was to the point of giving my son , who was going to be born 2 months early........we had a hard time,,,,, I was going to let him have a blood transfusion on the side. I would take the blame, and get d/f .

I thougth to myself, that I might get d/f, then I can repent,,,,,,,and I would still have my son. I told my hubby about this later,,,,,,,and he said he was thinking the same thing.

Also the brother that told us this was the C O !!! not just some new elder , but you see how the governing body tells them to explain things. They get all their info from higher up and in letter form.

• talesin
    talesin

SHUNNING

It just never felt right, even as a small child. I always felt that Jesus would NEVER shun anyone. My young mind said "If G*d is love, how could he be so cruel?"

talesin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit