Would You Return To The Organization If You Were Given Total Amnesty?

by minimus 88 Replies latest jw friends

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

The only reason I can think of to say "Yes," is so I can wear one of Hyundi's tshirts to the KH: "I was raised in a cult and all I got was this stupid tshirt!" I'd love to see the face of the PO if that were to happen!

Country

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

No.

1. Did not leave anything there that I need to retrieve.
    2. Didn't do anything that requires amnesty.
    3. In the interests of human rights and free speech, it would be a step backwards to go back.

Rocky and I are not DA'd or DF'd...just one day stopped going to meetings. We have not discussed our views with anyone within the congregation. The locals, in fact, have no idea why we quit...seem to be afraid to ask. But, my brother, who lives several hundred miles away (different circuit, different district) has told others in the family that we are apostates. Funny, because he stopped talking to us years before we stopped going to meetings and were "pillars" in the cognregation. So go back? Ya gotta be outta your mind!

• caligirl
    caligirl

Never. There is nothing to go back to .

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Not only No, but Hell No. Did Hell freeze over and nobody told me??

First of all, I haven't done anything that I feel like I need to be given 'amnesty' for.

Second, if I had, I wouldn't want it from the WTBTS.

Third, they don't deserve 'amnesty' from me, because they have not repented from their support of child molestors or their ever changing ' K-Mart blue light special' doctrine, or any of the evil things they have done or caused to be done.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

No, too many lies!!!!!

• simplesally
    simplesally
    Seriously, I would go back if I could bring in an air horn and beer and blow the horn everytime I caught them in a lie. There'd be a lot of deaf JW's I can tell you that! Maverick

Maverick, its 5:30 am and I can't sleep. I hope I didn't wake up my daughter because I laughed too hard at your post! If she wakes up your dead meat!

No, I wouldn't go back either........but at least there's a few friends I could talk to.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    The grueling, killer schedule and their petty rules for anything and everything, the way they make your life and your children's life miserable...

A true description of the spiritual paradise JWs say is operative now among the congregations.

JW's claim to have created the model for the paradise to come. Based on these eyewitness accounts, they appear to have some work to do!

• Special K
    Special K

NO.....

I agree with gotyourfortygoin when he said

"In the rough years of life I've had since leaving I have changed too much to be a witness again"

I am no longer held bondage to the the J.W. programming. It is all gone. I'm free now.

The big question would be..

If I'm given total amnesty would my family return to me? They would have no reason to treat me like a disfellowshipped person anymore.

sincerely

Special K

• franklin J
    franklin J

Hey, Min, Ol' buddy,

What are you drinking up there?

The answer to that one is OBVIOUS!! No....a scorpion, due to its nature, will never stop stinging its victim.

regards to Mrs. Min, and be well, Frank

• scumrat
    scumrat

NO.... I would not return to the organization who's policies have in effect cause the death of people, ruin marriages and enable molesters and rapists to practice their dirty deeds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit