Yes or No----Do You Believe That JWs Are A Cult?

by minimus 149 Replies latest jw friends

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Actually, no, I don't, at least no more than any other religion. Now lots of people will inform me of books I should read and such... and then we get to go back to the great mind control debates...

cult
    n.

1. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader. I think they're all false...
      2. The followers of such a religion or sect.
    1. A system or community of religious worship and ritual. Not very differentiating...
    2. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual. No...
    3. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease. No...
      1. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.
      2. The object of such devotion.
      3. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest. No...
    4. Special K
      Special K

Yes I do think they are a cult. I have no doubt in my mind that they are.

sincerely

special K

5. Phantom Stranger
      Phantom Stranger

minimus, I don't think of them as a cult... but I don't believe in mind control, either. How do you reconcile your position in this thread, with your position in this thread?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/56901/1.ashx

Do you believe that "mind control" can be used by a religious group that is not a cult?

6. minimus
      minimus

Of course, mind control can be applied to any group, religious or not. Is the adoration of Adolf Hitler cultish? I think so. Anyone that belongs to these neo-Nazi groups are "mind-controlled", imo.

7. Gretchen956
      Gretchen956

Absofrickinglutely

8. kls
      kls

YES, they have proven that them selves.

9. LittleToe
      LittleToe

Yes.

10. avishai
      avishai

yes

11. frankiespeakin
      frankiespeakin

Yes they are a cult that plays on our ignorance and fear of death.

Any religion that beleives, beliefs,,, are a matter of salvation they are a cult,,, most of Christianity is a cult,,,, while they all may reject this as not true. If they say anything about what is necasarry for salvation that implies other are excluded in any way they are a cult, all cults are not bad BTW.

What makes a cult bad is when it prays on peoples fears,, to manipulate them in harmful ways.

12. SpunkyChick
      SpunkyChick

Yes, IMO they are a cult.

13. Share this

Google+
      Pinterest
      Reddit