Yes or No----Do You Believe That JWs Are A Cult?

by minimus 149 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The tally is nearly all YES

• gespro
    gespro

Very Interesting...

This is from the McGregor Ministries site. For the rest of the article go here:

http://www.macgregorministries.org/jehovahs_witnesses/counterfeit.html

A CULT IS COUNTERFEIT CHRISTIANITY

Counterfeit Christianity" is probably the best description we can give for a cult. Counterfeit Christianity is an imitation of real Christianity. Bible terms like "Jesus Christ", "Resurrection", "Salvation" and "Atonement" are used by the Cult, but entirely different meanings have been assigned to these terms by the various cult groups.

Like counterfeit money which is sometimes difficult to detect, so it is difficult to detect counterfeit Christianity, since it looks like the real thing. Experts examining counterfeit money often hold it up to a strong light and look for identifying marks. Counterfeit Christianity also has identifying marks which can be seen when held up to an even stronger light, the light of God's word, the Bible.

We are repeatedly warned in Scripture to watch out for false prophets, false teachers, and false doctrine. To do this, we need to examine the prophecies, teachings, and doctrines of the various groups claiming to be Christian, and then we need to expose them. This is what the Apostle Paul did in 2 Timothy 2:17,18, where he said,

"...Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, men who have gone astray from the truth saying that the resurrection has already taken place, and thus they upset the faith of some."

Jesus named, "the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate." (Revelation 2:6).

All this "detecting" of a Cult takes time, so we need some methods whereby we can readily detect a cult without time-consuming research. This is possible, and we outline the methods here.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

: "Garybuss, you should have had them charged with attempted murder or something. You say that they wanted to murder you and others if they could. Those California congregations must be made up of real crazy people, huh? Well, I'm glad they never succeeded in murdering you or Farkel." Hey Min, I just wanted to add, I don't believe they would ever go that far, but it is notable out here that in those Judicial Meetings with the little elders, they do seem to be required to make a real point of the fate you would have incurred back under the old Mosaic Law. They repeatedly made that point to me in my committee meeting, and again in my daughter's and again in my son's committee meeting. All occurring in different years, different congregations, different committees: "If we were in Israel under the Mosaic Law, you would have been stoned." They are so disconnected from Christianity, and so attached to the Old Law, yet we couldn't see it for so long. In a way I'm glad they make that incredibly stupid connection and emphasis, because, although I didn't really care much what they thought of my right to live, it really, really burned me up how they made my kids feel about themselves for being normal teenagers with a cold-hearted father! So that got me to draw away and got me thinking and researching - and Hallelujah! My mind became free of their control. And I agree with you wholeheartedly when you say you are glad they never succeeded in killing well, Garybuss, anyway.

• garybuss
    garybuss

seeitallclearlynow, You wrote,

"If we were in Israel under the Mosaic Law, you would have been stoned."

I wonder if the Witnesses can point to one case where the Jews stoned a gentile for not distributing infidel literature. Or even one case where the The Great Sanhedrin tried and stoned a gentile. Are they saying if they lived in ancient Palestine that they would be practicing Judaism? Or would THEY be tried for the crime of blasphemy, for doubting and rejecting Judaism?

Today they don't follow Judaism OR Christianity. They follow secular religious capitalism, marked by fascist idealism with delusions of grandeur marked by grandiose claims that are denied with all the zeal they were presented with.

I will say, I am happy the Witnesses could not kill me or Farkel or you and all of us. I think it's outrageous they bring up something so terrible and it's horrible they made those statements to us as children like they did to me. GaryB

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Right on Gary!

• DebraDoll
    DebraDoll

Having been continuously BRAINWASHED from birth (3rd Generation), ALIENATED from society, INSULATED within the congregation, and CONTROLLED through FEAR, I can answer empirically; "ABSOLUTELY!."

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

To add to Gary and seeitallclearly's post.....AAAAHHHH you triggered one in me here--the things the elders say along these lines...This really touches home with me...

When my daughter (who never chose to be a JW) was dating a non-jw man an elder told me this story about in the days of ancient Israel when this kind of thing happened the high priest drove a tent peg through the man and woman and that is how Jehovah now feels towards my daughter (that he wants to drive a tent peg through her groin). The elder actually seemed to be enjoying himself when he told me this. I sat there in shock--and then went home and got in bed for several days--I totally shut down. This is not the kind of thing that you tell to a mother. I had nightmares about this for several months after that and I didn't want to serve that WT God anymore or the Organization that would promote such an idea.

There is a video the WT put out last year called Warning examples for our days--and it goes into this whole story of the high priest and the whole tent peg deal--screaming and horror and all..during one of the last meetings I attended there was a part on this video and it said to have your children watch it over and over again... makes me absolutely sick to think about that people are doing this to their kids..

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Outstanding insight, as USUAL Garyb!

Cybersista, thank you for sharing that! Such good points! I don't ever want to forget just how UN-Christian and unkind, and in fact evil that organization is.

• aunthill
    aunthill

YES!!!

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

if the JWs are a cult, then so are most other religions...if the JWs had any cool rituals or had any active role in real volunteer work...feeding the hungry, etc, then they would not be considered a cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit