Yes or No----Do You Believe That JWs Are A Cult?

by minimus 149 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

minimus,

: 2 years ago, I believed JWs were not really a cult; they were just an overly strict religion that "bordered" on being a cult. After reading all the comments on the board, I believe they are a cult. And I'd like to say thanks to all those that have showed kindness in their presentation to help me see this issue more clearly.

If it is any consolation, it took me nearly THIRTY years to figure out what you found in only two years.

I guess that makes you MUCH smarter than me. This pisses me off!

Farkel, who is glad that they went through that processs faster than he did!

• talesin
    talesin

farkel,

it took me over 15, but we didn't have the internet and JWD

minimus

farkel's right, good for you, hun!!

tal

• codeblue
    codeblue

YES

• Debz
    Debz

Yes I do belive the JWs are a cult

• onacruse
    onacruse

I would have, at one time, been inclined to say that the WTS is simply a "high-control group," except (and this is a big except) for the cultural, theological and bureaucratic heritage of Rutherford, incorporated by Knorr, and now re-embodied in Jaracz (da Boss , been there, seen that).

A 'cult' (in the practical sense, as per William James [Pragmatism]), need not be centered around a single charismatic individual; corporate promulgation of a "conceptual entity" is, for all intents and purposes, the same thing. And I've personally seen this (as I'm sure have many others) happen in the purely business world.

So, my opinion is Yes.

• Panda
    Panda

Religion = Cult

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks Farkel.

• undercover
    undercover

I saw The Cult in concert a couple of times. There weren't too many JWs there.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Um.

Yar.

Duh.

CZAR

• Larry
    Larry

Mos Def (Most Definitely - YES!!!)

What's the tally thus far?

Share this

Google+