• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

What the hell is a kidney pie?

Stupid American wants to know!

• Englishman
    Englishman
    What the hell is a kidney pie?

Stupid American wants to know!

It's steak and kidney pie. Quite scrummy actually, I've just bought 3 for tonight as number 2 son is having dinner with us.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Getting so old I won't be able to care for myself.

Ken P.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Pissing my liver out, because when I do get the chance to drink, I way over do it.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Judging by dreams, I would say falling down stairs. Must be something dark and psychological about that. Meanwhile I'll take the elevator.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((Stephanus))))) That's my biggest fear too.

I used to think my biggest fear was having to put my mother in a nursing home. That time came and I found I was able to bear it.

Then my biggest fear was my dad dying before my mother. He killed himself last year, and I found I was able to bear it. Now I'm facing her death, and I know I can handle it.

I don't want to ever EVER have to face what Stephanus did.

There's a passage from "Gone With the Wind" (one of my all-time favorite books -- I literally wore out two copies of it in high school) where Scarlett thinks "I've done murder, I can do this." It is amazing what a human being is capable of enduring. I think our fears come primarily from looking ahead to things that haven't happened and may never happen. When you're face to face with the grizzly bear, survival instincts take over and you just get through it.

Scooby, I know you're still grieving for your grandfather, and it does make you more fearful of your family's future. And I know the whole Witness dilemma is weighing on you too. But have faith in yourself and your ability to cope with what life hands you. And let your friends help you, okay? You've got more than you think you do, so don't push them away. Valis is a cool guy and I hope you get to meet him in person one day. Once he gets the initial Welcome Spanking out of the way, that is . . .

Nina

• shotgun
    shotgun

That Valis will catch me with his wife....

The loss of my child!

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Regret.

And the highest form of that regret would be to have the abililty to view my funeral from a third person perspective, and seeing:

no one there

no one saying anything nice about me

no one caring that I am dead or alive

having no positive impact on a people or humanity

With human life so fragile and limited, it has become more precious to me.

Every minute counts, so I have to make my life and all of the little moments count for something positive in the end.

Paul

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

My biggest fear, whenever I go to bed and I am just lying there, waiting for sleep to come, is that the "rug will be pulled out from under me again” and I will have to face some horrible cataclysm in my life--the death of a loved one.

When my first husband killed himself, I had a nervous breakdown and it took years for me to get over all the "what if’s", the tremendous emptiness and pain of grieving. I have a most wonderful husband now, but he does have some serious health issues.

We just never know from day to day what will befall us, and we have no control. It is best to let go of any negative thoughts, because they bring us down. When I feel especially "down", I talk to my universal father/mother, and that helps me cope.

/<

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

That the JWs are right and that in the end I'll lose what's most important, my life.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit