God does exist...

by czarofmischief 348 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

hooberus

Great to see how you are willing to dive right in their and distort a quote, and not even attribute it either.

The quote is from myself. I was simply paraphrasing a common phrase used by evolutionists.

Which would explain why it appeared out of context and distorted. You have picked up the bad habits of the websites that you frequent hooberus... we can take this as a fact unless you are;

• gonna show me that your statment is a true reflection of what evolutionists say, and
    • gonna show we that those websites are not full of distotions and/or lies and/or bad science.
    Evolutionists could still claim that the creature evolved by proposing things such as horizontal (sexual) transfer in the past, high level genotypic convergence, recent common ancestor between humans, centaurs and horses (with various propsed branching patterns), directed evolution, or simply say that "just because we don't know doesn't mean that God did it," etc.

Okay, which part of "horse DNA in it's arse and human DNA in its head" don't you understand. There is no possible explanation in evolutionary theory that would explain this creature.

Of course, I, and no doubt others, note with interest how you will distort the meaning of the original questiuon so as to be able to insist that evolution cannot be falsified.

Even though the other ways evolution can be falisified are obviously true, you twist away at one to make it look like you have an argument.

Are you ever going to make any comment about the lies and/or distortions and/or bad science on Creationist websites, or are you pretending that it didn't happen, as to agree that fellow believers are either ignorant or deceitful is too much for you to accept?

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Rem and Abaddon,

I of course will reply to both of your posts. But meanwhile, I wonder if you realize that on the one hand, you call on others to be "subject matter experts", and berate those who have differing views, while on the otherhand, you believe your opinions, and the opinions of your hand-selected "subject matter experts" superior. Tyranny of Authority? Perhaps. I've already stated my background somewhat, and I obviously see nothing wrong with an Engineer or Physicist ripping any theory to shreds, we're quite good at analysis. I believe in letting arguments be judged on their merit. You've yet to prove evolution is anything more than a silly, wishful, pipe dream.

Do you really want me to go back to punch by punch (you said this, here's my retort) dissection of your so-called "refutations? You've refuted nothing thus far. You simply hold a different opinion. And that opinion is on shaky foundation, or no foundation at all. But I'll get to that later, in my response. Nonetheless, it appears you're (Abaddon, at least) suggesting you like that format better. I did address all of your issues in my last post, but for the sake of keeping the reply as short as possible, I left out your original quotes.

I'll see if I can compose a post that keys to your original points in a more forthright manner, then.

Love_Truth- loves tearing the ridiculously silly religion of evolution and other atheist "how did that happen" theories to shreds! This be fun!

• donkey
    donkey

Now this thread is about evolution vs creationism?

someone is obviously confused...perhaps it's me.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Donkey,

For now, the answer is yes. Follow along and perhaps you'll understand why.

Cheers,

Love_Truth.

• donkey
    donkey
    Follow along and perhaps you'll understand why

There is no point to debating the mentally ill.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Donkey,

I wont debate you, then. You can continue debating amongst your split personalities.

Cheers,

Love_Truth

• donkey
    donkey

LT

Are people who claim to have imaginary friends mentally ill?

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Donk,

If they're truly imaginary. God is not imaginary, but very real, as we shall see.

So the imaginary friend you referred to must be yours! Now, toilet tissue (donkey=ass?) isn't imaginary, so you must be talking about your split personality again! Wait, your split personality is a confirmed fact, so you'll need to discuss your imaginary friend with your psycholgist!

Cheers,

Love_Truth

• donkey
    donkey

LT,

Well you are more honest than most Xians who refuse to normally even answer the question. But then you quickly revert to the "...but my friend isn't imaginary" argument. If the existence of the friend cannot eaily be proven then the friend is imaginary...so you take it from there.

ps - I have not seen one shred of verifiable evidence offered by you that proves your friend exists. When we say "verifiable" we should look at evidence that can stand by itself - for instance in a court of law or can be verified by an independent 3rd party. If not the friend has to be classified as imaginary - agree?

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Donk,

Your "court of Law" reference is a good one. Circumstantial evidence is the best either side has today.

I'll continue "pleading my case" with all the circumstantial evidence available, Abaddon, Rem, and company will obviously do likewise.

In the end, I highly suspect no one's opinions will change fundamentally, but I'm always a sucker for a good debate. Whether an atheist is willing to admit or not (and many or even most, are) atheistic theories attempting to explain the origin of things are as much faith based as Theist's belief in a Creator.

Same evidence, different conclusions.

Much like Theist's constant debates over Trinity, or not.

Cheers,

Love-Truth

P.S.- You're not so bad for a donkey, dude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit