God does exist...

by czarofmischief 348 Replies latest jw friends

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Rem,

My behavior is not troll at all, in any way, shape, or form. You continually rebutt myself (and hooberus) without reading the content, accusing me of taking quotes out of context, when I clearly have not done so, and "defending" your faith by circular reasoning. You have never shown my posts to be dishonest or fallacious. I have behaved as an adult in this thread by responding to specific points, nothing, or at least very, very, little I have posted could be construed as irrelevant, misleading, wrong, or downright dishonest information. When you have been called on specific points, you simply ignore it.

Not the case at all. As I noted above, as examples I have not yet posted, yours and Abaddon's bringing up a variety of monkey having sex for pleasure (I'll need to research that, and that's why I haven't posted a reply yet) may be an example of where I erred. I have neither lied nor misquoted any source. I also am not copying and pasting pages of crap (OK, I'm guilty of one cut and paste on the falsifiable/nonfalsifiable claim), but that's not "crap", it's fact. Cheers, Love_Truth

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Hey, guys!

Here's another "fun" subject! Wanna discuss this one, too?

Cheers,

Love_Truth

• rem
    rem

Love Truth,

>> As an Engineer, trained in Physics, Mathematics, Analysis and Critical Thinking, I know what I am talking about. I clearly understand the scientific laws and principles that you obviously ignore, or conveniently wave away, because it destroys your theory. I have had 19 years of additional schooling in various and sundry subjects, what have you?

Irrelevant. We are able to back up our positions with facts and in-context quotations from reputable biologists who specialize in the field in discussion. So far you have not done the same.

Your misunderstanding of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics gives me no confidence in your critical thinking skills and physics training. Some people truly are educated beyond their intelligence.

The onlyl hand waving that has gone on here is by you and hooberus. We have taken the time to painstakingly refute your arguments while you cut and paste loads of misquotes and irrelevant issues. Don't think you are fooling anyone here with your bluster.

rem

• rem
    rem

Love Truth,

>>excuse me, but you have done nothing but create the typical circular arguments that are characteristic of everyone Evolutionist who defends their religion- You dismiss other's views as uneducated, and assert that yours are somehow "better". I challenge you to post your educational credentials on the Board, as I have done. Your arguments are shallow and empty, and amount to nothing more than a circular argument.

Then please point them out so we can discuss the error of my ways. Otherwise you are making empty assertions. This is how a discussion works. Abaddon and I have been acting in good faith, please extend to us the same courtesy.

rem

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Rem,

Not irrelevant. I am able to back up my position with facts and in-context quotations from reputable scientists (not just biologists) who specialize in the field in discussion. So far you have not done the same. It was Theodosius Dobzhansky, not I, who stated: ?Evolution comprises all the stages of development of the universe: the cosmic, biological, and human or cultural developments. Attempts to restrict the concept of evolution to biology are gratuitous. Life is a product of the evolution of inorganic matter, and man is a product of the evolution of life

Here's a hint: There are many scientific principles that weigh in on evolution, in the broad sense, not just biology. Yours is a common misconception among evolutionists. Genetics (yep, that's branch of biology, I know), Physics, Mathematics, and nearly every other science has fair and just cause to weigh in on evolution theory. I have already shown, and will elaborate much more fully, for instance, on the fact that abiogenisis (or whatever you call it) could not and did not happen. It is a Mathematical impossibillity. You are the one who clearly misunderstands the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. Go back and re-read what I posted instead of distorting what I stated, as you usually do, and are doing now.

Go ahead and continue your hand waving. I expected as much. I have taken the time to painstakingly refute your arguments ( and have only just begun) while you distort what I have stated, and show a lack of understanding of scientific laws and principles that are necessary to the discussion. You are clearly fooling no one with your distortions and misunderstandings, other than perhaps yourself.

Cheers, Love_Truth

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    abiogenisis (or whatever you call it) could not and did not happen. It is a Mathematical impossibillity.

If it's mathematically impossible for one single self-replicating molecule to form once somewhere in an incredibly old, incredibly large universe, why do you have no difficulty in accepting the existence of an all-powerful intelligent entity? Surely whatever difficulties are involved in a very simple proto-life form coming into existence are multiplied almost infinitely for your god?

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Derek,

Easy. I have faith in God. Yes, you could use some sort of the same argument against God. However, what I will show, and have begun to show, is that all living things, all complex beings, even a single celled living creature, require(d) an intelligence, a designer, as well as the Physical Laws, and the universe itself. I call that designer "God".

I've only just begun, just getting warmed up so far.

Cheers,

Love_Truth

• rem
    rem

Love Truth,

>>Not irrelevant. I am able to back up my position with facts and in-context quotations from reputable scientists (not just biologists) who specialize in the field in discussion. So far you have not done the same.

Your quotations are irrelevant out of context as I showed above with the Gould quote and as I shall do with the one below: >>It was Theodosius Dobzhansky, not I, who stated: ?Evolution comprises all the stages of development of the universe: the cosmic, biological, and human or cultural developments. Attempts to restrict the concept of evolution to biology are gratuitous. Life is a product of the evolution of inorganic matter, and man is a product of the evolution of life Dobzhansky is not using the word Evolution in the sense that we have been discussing the past few pages. He is using the word Evolution here as a non-technical term meaning change. Biological evolution, which is what we have been discussing, specifically deals with change over generations with heredity. Thus the quotation is irrelevant. You simply misunderstand the quotation because you don't understand Evolutionary theory. >>Here's a hint: There are many scientific principles that weigh in on evolution, in the broad sense, not just biology. As you should have recognized by now I understand that quite well. Remember that I stated that Evolution was nearly falsified back in Darwin's day because of inaccurate calculations by Physicists? You should be embarassed by your misunderstanding of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. Please go into detail about why Evolution breaks the second law if you believe I am misrepresenting you. I can only come to the conclusion that you are having conversations inside your head if you think you've adequately refuted anything Abaddon, Funkyderek, or I have stated. Simply delusional. rem

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Rem, Your semantic arguments are revolting and a complete waste of time.

Your quotations are irrelevant out of context as I showed above with the Gould quote and as I shall do with the one below: You did not show I took either quote out of context. Read the line immediately following that quotation from Gould where I said essentially the same as you. I do not and will not state that an evolutionist, of course, believes in evolution. It's a moot point. Instead, I will point out what quotations are from creationists, as I have done. Or should I copy the whole friggin' book? . Dobzhansky is not using the word Evolution in the sense that we have been discussing the past few pages. He is using the word Evolution here as a non-technical term meaning change. Biological evolution, which is what we have been discussing, specifically deals with change over generations with heredity. Thus the quotation is irrelevant. You simply misunderstand the quotation because you don't understand Evolutionary theory. Of course he's not using it the same way you are, Captain Obvious! I know what Dobzhansky's credentials are, and I'll take his definition over yours any day. YOU want to limit the discussion to Biological Evolution for obvious reasons, I will not do so. " Attempts to restrict the concept of evolution to biology are gratuitous ", indeed! I obviously did not misunderstand the quotation, and it is indeed relevant. As you should have recognized by now I understand that quite well. Remember that I stated that Evolution was nearly falsified back in Darwin's day because of inaccurate calculations by Physicists? Yes, indeed, ALL branches of science can fairly comment on the so-called "evidence" of the Religion of Evolution Theory, not just biology I already discussed the Second Law of Thermodynamics, you haven't read what I wrote yet. Or perhaps it's too much for you to comprehend. I can only come to the conclusion that you are having conversations inside your head if you think you've adequately refuted anything hooberus or I have stated. Simply delusional. Cheers, Love_Truth P.S.# 1- we can continue throwing stones over semantics forever, I'd prefer we get back to the discussion at hand. You are simply obscuring the discussion, as usual. P.S. # 2-
    Hear, see how this hat fits- "you have absolutely no understanding of Biology or Scientific Laws or Principles". I said, it, therefore it must be true? Nope. If you don't stop using the same tired friggin' line with me, I'll have to start firing back using the same type of ignorant statements as you and Abaddon do.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I would just like ever one to know, I like this thread, i don't read L_T 's post much because, I think this L_T is pretty confused,,, and he needs to go smoke some happy weed,,,, right now,,,, do it now.... to help him loose his ego,, this will allow him to relax,,, and not take this debate so personal,,,,, that his ego controls his judgement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit