Funny News From My Old Congragation - Elder Fight!

by pale.emperor 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Fedupjw asked him after the meeting if he REALLY meant that the parents were to blame for their children leaving Da Troof? He very forcefully said that is what the Bible says! So I asked him to explain who was to blame and failures for Satan leaving, Adam and Eve leaving, and Judas Iscariot leaving.
    It took two other brothers to restrain him, and one to restrain me if I had to defend myself! What a moron he is! I pity the southwest United states congregation he is ruling in now!

Its funny how even the sweetest JWs get so angry when you ask them a question they can't answer. I didn't notice just how angry they are until I left.

Our 2 longstanding elders were all ways at loggerheads. Elder dramas every week, though never physical they frequently stompted out of the KH halfway through discussions with each other.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

So much humility and love in those elders meetings.

A friend of mine years ago said he hated going to the elders meetings because of the fights and disagreements.

Don't let the opinion of one forum member stop you from posting Pale. We love reading your experiences and thoughts.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Thanks for telling us this story Pale Emperor. This reminded me of about an elder I was around many years ago. I found out this guy was way out of his territory when I went to his hall. Someone told me he was at my hall because he did not like the elders or one elder near his home town.

If the CO's are letting this rift remain between the elders then they are violating the commands of Jesus. No wonder there is no holy spirit. The CO's are either lying to the GB about the state of the congregations or the GB are turning a blind eye.

• zeb
    zeb

Hi all, I just dropped in.

So, PE an elder punching an elder in the kh? well there is only one thing to do..

Call the branch office..! Call the branch office!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

my old man heard of and had seen many examples of what you describe back in the day and going through the 1970's onwards

• Splash
    Splash

I was once at a meeting where the WT conductor was trading personal insults with another elder in the audience, via the question/answer format.

It's not uncommon for elders to have animosity between themselves - it often involves particularly self righteous and proud elders who love to have their ego's stroked.

Jesus was right, a house divided against itself cannot stand.

We get the benefit of standing to the side and watching them devour each other.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I grew up an elder's kid. We always had to stay late after the meeting with the other elder wives and kids when the elders had to meet after the regular meeting. One time, when I was around 12, the elder's meeting got so heated, we could hear them screaming at each other and at one point, pounding on the table (I think). My mom and the other elder wives made us get out our songbooks and sing "Kingdom Melodies" to drown them out so we couldn't hear what they were saying. It was crazy!

• LV101
    LV101

PE -- that's hilarious! Right there in the house of god.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I call bullshit. Pale, you are not going to stop posting. Lol. Looking forward to the next tale you share. They are fun and a great expose of the congregation of the True God Jamocka.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from Now What?:

C'mon! every week p.e. has a new story to tell. It's a continuous soap opera of his family and old congregation that never ends.

And a most edifying "soap opera" it is too!! Revealing the sort of Truths about The Cult that all should be made aware of. P.E. is proving to be a Real Truth Warrior!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit