Funny News From My Old Congragation - Elder Fight!

by pale.emperor 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Strange they should argue over something there's a clear WT ruling on.

It's clear but a little vague at the same time. It's the Watchtower way!

From freddo's post:

Whether a disfellowshipped person sits next to a relative or next to any other member of the congregation should not be a cause for concern as long as he behaves properly.

-and-

If all present, including faithful relatives, are endeavoring to respect Bible principles relating to disfellowshipping, and it is not becoming a cause for stumbling to the brothers

Assuming that all the elders were aware of the quoted article there could have been disagreement over whether the DF'd person was behaving properly, whether the relatives were "endeavoring to respect Bible principles" regarding DF'd people (watchtower speak for no undue association, I suppose), or whether it was stumbling others.

There is plenty of room there for interpretation and disagreement.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Elders punching elders too right I say, should be more of it.

• cofty
    cofty

Priceless!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    nowwhat?4 hours ago4 hours ago

C'mon! every week p.e. has a new story to tell. It's a continuous soap opera of his family and old congregation that never ends.

how can i put this...

i know

fuck off mate.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

PE, If that is Speke Congregation I coulld name the aggressor, not a new attitude, agression asserting ‘authority’

• Chook
    Chook

Won’t it be lovely living in panda paradise being ruled by these elder/princes beating the shit out of each other because they can’t agree on whether execute sister Jones for giving her husband oral sex.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The funny thing was as I was reading this an ad for the TV show "The Good Fight" was on the right side of the screen.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Keep em coming PE, you are very good value for money! (and much appreciated)
  • westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Reminds me of a newly appointed elder who when he was an MS and I was on the literature counter, glared and lunged at the brother next to me because that brother was slow with the magazines. The anger and vitriol in his eyes that night betray his true nature. He should never have been made an elder.. There must be many others within such ranks who have ' issues....

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

I wouldn't mind a special chair in the back. Can I order a recliner?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit