JW Urban Legends

by ZeroKool29 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nowhere
    Nowhere

Freded: maybe what you saw was part of a sketch?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Freedom96, sounds like you've got it all sewn up there. Since the Carson urban myth depends on the John Denver concert one, it's obvious the Carson thing could never have happened.

freded: Did you look like this when you went out on field service?:

alt

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I'm pretty sure I've said this before on this board, but here goes again.

A sister I knew used to get mad when the Denver urban legend came up. She claimed she knew some JWs who were at a JD concert, and JD, who knew that JW's were not supposed to joing in patriotic stuff, said, "If there are any JWs in the audience, you might not enjoy this next set, this would be a good time to go to the bathroom or get food or drink."

I have no idea whether any of this was true.

• freedom96
    freedom96

IF John Denver mentioned to the witnesses in the audience that this would be a good time to use the restroom or get snacks, it could also be looked at that he was being thoughtful of what they were thinking; not kicking them out as suggested earlier.

Once again, I think that in order to believe one version or another, one must hear it first hand, no matter how trustworthy the one telling the tale is.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

> I can't believe Gloria Estafan would tell JW's at her concert to leave. Maybe John Denver has taken over her body because that is the same story for what happened at one of his concerts.

Let me introduce another guy:
    I heard this story here in Germany concerning both: John Denver and Chris de Burgh.

• boa
    boa

i've heard of both the jd concert and the jc show incidents but of course i've moved mentally from where I used to live and now reside mentally in missouri where you now have to 'show me'

i also heard of another rumour that at a Genesis concert many years ago there was a levitation act and that before it was done, someone in the band (mighta been when Peter Gabriel was the singer, not sure) asked for all jws to leave so it would work. Sounds like typical bs rumour to substantiate that somehow God is protecting witnesses everywhere from imminent demonic activities and if they're there, such activities won't work - sheeeesshhhh. It really pissed me off this rumour cuz that was and still is my overall favourite band and when I was really 'in', I had to somehow ignore this rumour - successfully I might add. Love of music was greater than shadowy superstition.

ah well, i'm kinda bitter about all this stuff right now, so excuse the sarcastic tone

boa

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Yeah,

Because levitation acts require actual spiritual effort and not a hidden wire at all...

Hey! I was at an Iron Maiden concert and they asked anybody who'd ever read the Watchtower to leave so that Eddie could get up out of his coffin - the singer said that our purity made it hard for the demons to feel like trying.

CZAR

• gumby
    gumby

I'm not sure if it's true or not.......but I heard from a good friend, that Fred Franz claimed to be a witness too.

Gumby

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

When I was in England Micheal Jackson was supposed to have disquised himself and went out in the service

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Lucky Nun -

she better not have stolen my idea for a tattoo...I'll have to kick her right in the tit.

Remind me not to tick you off! In fact, could you give us 10 days written warning if you ever plan to attend an apostafest?!

Oh, btw, welcome to the board..... I think!

Welcome to boa and freded also!

growedup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit