JW Urban Legends

by ZeroKool29 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nowhere
    Nowhere

Freded, how did Denver react when asked to leave? Do you know when this happend? Denver has been a guest at tonight show with Carson for about 10 times...

• Freded
    Freded

It was really short. carson introduces denver. denver sits down. carson immediately asks denver if it is true that at his concerts he asks Jehovah's witnesses to leave. denver says yes. carson then says "then i am asking you to leave". denver walks off stage.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Mulan: http://www.gloriaestefan.com/

Okay, I sent an email. Now, we'll see if she answers.

• shotgun
    shotgun

If she thinks your a witness Mulan she might come cut your head off....

I hope you gave a fake name like Gumby or something just to be on the safe side.

• Nowhere
    Nowhere

According to the tonight website, denver didn't have any suposed "short apperence": 1972: JOHN DENVER - CS sings 'It's A Sin To Tell A Lie', panel and discuss: Song writing, and then sings 'Prisoners'. 1973: JOHN DENVER - CS sings 'Rocky Mountain High', panel/discuss: Performing at Carnegie Hall, and his hobby - astronomy. 1982: DENVER - They discuss: Vacationing in the Caribbean, spending most of his time in Aspen - Colorado, his children, his fear of snow skiing, how well his new song 'Shanghai Breezes' is doing, how the song came about, then John plays at panel 'Shanghai Breezes' and talks about seeing lovers in China on the streets, how the culture of China is being changed by tourists and consumer goods, having enjoyed the food there - with the exception of yak butter in Tebet. 1984: JOHN DENVER - Sings 'Forest Lawn', then panels and discusses death and funerals, his upcoming 52 city tour, love for flying and his plane, close calls they've both had while piloting an airplane, then John goes to centerstage and plays the piano and sings the song 'Wild Heart Looking For Home.' 1984: JOHN DENVER - Centerstage sings 'Love Again', panel and discuss: His recent trip to the Soviet Union, his trip to China, the fact that in the last two yearshe has performed in 27 different countries, and then sings 'It's About Time' at panel. 1985: JOHN DENVER - CS sings 'Don't Close Your Eyes Tonight', panel/discuss: Being tired from his busy week, was offered the part of Richard Geer in 'Officer And A Gentleman', public images, his new video, is enjoying being 41 years old and not wearing glasses, doing concert in Russia and one in China, and finds music to be a universal language. So... which of these, is the very short one?

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

I happen to know that Janet Jackson has a Watchtower logo/emblem tatooed on her left boob that's why she let J.T. only uncover her right one. Prince told me about it. Said he saw it one night when they were skinny-dipping at Glen Campbell's house.

-BONEZZ

• freedom96
    freedom96

Freded,

As one who has actually been to a John Denver concert, I can assure you that no witnesses were asked to leave.

I don't even remember a patriotic song being played. But I do know that I was listening for witnesses to be asked out, for I remember the rumour, and paid extra attention for that, and it never happened.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Thanks bonezz I needed that laugh

I happen to know that Janet Jackson has a Watchtower logo/emblem tatooed on her left boob that's why she let J.T. only uncover her right one. Prince told me about it. Said he saw it one night when they were skinny-dipping at Glen Campbell's house.

-BONEZZ
  • LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

she better not have stolen my idea for a tattoo...I'll have to kick her right in the tit.

• Freded
    Freded

freedom96: I have never been to a denver concert but i am telling you exactly what i seen on the johnny carson show. Maybe he only did it at 1 show or maybe several who knows and denver is dead so can't very well email him but there is a discussion board at johndenver.net

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit