I TOLD AN ELDERS WIFE OFF YESTERDAY!

by Mary 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Just to give you a bit of background: I was diagnosed with uterine cancer a couple of years ago and had to have a hysterectomy. Naturally I got more support from all my worldly friends and co-workers than what I did from people at the Hall, but am used to that by now. Anyway, a few days ago, someone from the Hall told me that Sister X (one of the elders wives who is a nosey, back-stabbing bitch) had been saying things about me like "she shouldn't have had a hysterectomy because that's showing disrespect for the reproductive organs that Jehovah gave us" and that I apparently was "lacking in faith" by not "leaving it in Jehovah's hand" and didn't I read that article in the Botchtower or Asleep! a few years ago about getting fixed?

I was absolutely dumbfounded. Then enraged. I went screaming over to her place after the meeting and confronted her with it. She was obviously embarassed that I found out what she had said, but defended her position saying that perhaps I had been a bit "too hasty" in my decision to get a hysterectomy. I absolutely flipped out and told her to mind her "own god damn business" and told her to try a different medication as obviously the kind she's taking isn't doing her any good. I told her what a pathetic example of a "christian" she was, and that everyone knew she was a "gossiping, back-stabbing, meddling witch!" At this point, her husband came to the door to see what all the commotion was about and I told him what she had said. I was absolutely furious and they both knew it. I told them it was none of their damn business what I did and that the operation saved my life (not that that counts for anything). I also told them that if she had any brains, the article she was referring to specifically stated that it was okay to have an operation "for health reasons." (I wouldn't give a crap what the article said anyway, but I just wanted to show what a retard she is).

I told her to her face that if I ever heard her say anything about me or anyone else who's had to have an operation like that, that I would call Bethel and tell them that an elders wife has gossiping and spreading rumours and causing disention in the congregation. Even though she's an elders wife, she's not liked AT ALL simply because everyone knows what she's like. I felt a million times better after I told this stupid idiot off, as she's needed to be told off for years.

I couldn't believe it! Any similar experiences??!!

• Sirona
    Sirona

OMG!!!!!

How awful!!!

Sorry to hear you went through all this - having to have that operation is bad enough and all the worry about your health.

Good for you in standing up to her! People like that need to be told, or they carry on with their nasty ways.

No matter what happens next, don't let the JWs get to you too much, they're not worth it!

Wishing you good health in future,

Sirona

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

BRAVO!

• Golf
    Golf

Wow, was that some Monday morning news! You did the only right thing, congrs.

Guest 77

• shera
    shera

Wow,good for you.

That even made me feel wonderful,how you told her off.YES!!!!

Glad you had the operation and your still here to tell us that story!*****hugs******

Heather

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Mary,You did the right thing,both ,in taking care of your health and in telling that woman to mind her own business.1Peter 4:15 "However,let none of you ( including an Elder's wife ) suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a BUSYBODY in other people's matters.

In our congregation,a number of sisters have had operations like yours and are doing fine because they took this life-saving step.

Blueblades

• acsot
    acsot

Congratulations on telling the bitch off. I liked the way you brought in the Witchtower publications to show her that she's not keep up-to-date with the Society's teachings.

Way to go!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Wow. I'm dizzy with impressitude...

CZAR

• morty
    morty

Mary,

Good for you!! I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to see her jaw falling to the ground.( and then the same fly buzzing in her ear and up her nose at the same time...lol)

I bet you felt 20lbs lighter after telling her off...

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Yea, Yea, YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh if only I could have been there. It's a privilege to share the same web space with you! Cathy L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit