I TOLD AN ELDERS WIFE OFF YESTERDAY!

by Mary 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    You forgot to share the best part, their priceless reaction. What was it??

She was very embarassed at first when I started in on her, as naturally she never thought I'd find out what she said. When I started yelling at her, I could tell she was caught somewhere between anger, fear and embarassment. Angry that a "vessel for an unhonorable purpose" like me was actually telling of HER, a woman with POSITION in the congregation. Fear that her husband was going to find out what she had done (which he did) and embarassment that she had to face the person she was bismirching.

I bet she'll think twice before she does that again.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Good for you!!!

Devon

• dannyboy
    dannyboy
    I bet she'll think twice before she does that again.

Sorry, but somehow, most of those types just keep on doin' it....when's the last time you heard of an elder's wife/busbody being called on the carpet for such stupid/ignorant/slanderous/hateful/unkind talk???? A rare thing IMHO.

Er, I still think the flyers-on-the-windshields caper would be great! Let's see: The "flyer" could be from her, denying the "rampant" rumors of [fill in the blank].......Yes I know it would be stooping to her level, but it's fighting fire with fire.

---Dan

• Mary
    Mary
    The "flyer" could be from her, denying the "rampant" rumors of her [fill in the blank]

performing oral sex on her husband LOL!

......Yes I know it would be stooping to her level, but it's fighting fire with fire.

Oh have no fear. I don't consider it "stooping to her level". I consider it as her received her Just Desserts. Hmmmmm........that flyer idea does sound mighty tempting.............I'll have to seriously consider it..................thanks for the tip!

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Go girl!

• metatron
    metatron

What you did probably feels good. In Witness-land, there never is a clear line separating personal business from

everyone else's business. It's a crappy subculture.

They can df you for 'telling off' people, although it's rare. They accuse you of reviling and boot you out of the fold.

But with sisters, it's unlikely.

metatron

• mustang
    mustang

Dannyboy has it right: these types don’t get called down.

I’ve finally used Blueblades scripture <interlude for scriptural enlightenment>

1 Peter 4:15 "However, let none of you ( including an Elder's wife ) suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a BUSYBODY in other people's matters.

<end interlude for scriptural enlightenment>

on my father, the biggest gossip/meddler/busybody I’ve ever seen. He should have been DF’d 10 years ago for this mischief.

Do you think you get any justice from the eLDERS? Any enforcement of a scriptural requirement? No, it doesn’t suit their selfish needs. Besides, the "old man" politicked so badly to the CO’s that things were reversed and muddled over and over again.

Finally, when active JW’s from another congo complained, through their committee’s, the local eLDERS "roped the area off and declared the whole thing A FAMILY MATTER". They basically said we’re washing our hands of it and everybody else leave it hands off.

He is allowed to use the religion as a club, but you can't get any redress or relief over the matter!!!

So, all I’m left with is being able to group the "old man" with thieves and murderers. Then there is the fact that he now qualifies for the STALKING LAWS!!!

So, I’m left with a dysfunctional family, bordering on lawlessness and winked at by the eLDERS: proof positive that there is no Holy Spirit in that religion!!!

Mustang

All that I write or utter, is protected by religious freedom under the 1st Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, as the "free exercise", as well as "freedom of speech" clauses.

• Maverick
    Maverick

You did this person a favor. Too bad someone did not nail her the first time she pulled this crap!

I'm the same kind of person. When my wife,(now ex) was preggo, this brother was making jokes about how big she was getting and was she having twins? Well, after the third JW asked me about having twins I drove over to this Bozos house and told him right off! He was shocked! His wife thanked me later! She had been telling him someone would get pissed at him over his running his mouth for years! The spineless J-duds just let him pull his crap. I was not having it! I will follow you into the mens room at the Hall and get right in your face pal! .... Maybe that's why the J-duds are so nice to me...to my face! Maverick

• Scully
    Scully

Excellent Mary!! Way to go!!

Love, Scully

• SYN
    SYN

Hi Mary, you're one of my favourite posters here, I hope everything goes well for you in future medically, and I think you really kicked some Elder's-wife ASS! Nice one, bruvva!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit