I TOLD AN ELDERS WIFE OFF YESTERDAY!

by Mary 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Thanks Syn!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

So how's Brissie, SYN?

Getting used to the Bananalanders yet???

Cheers, Ozzie

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Dear Mary, you are quite the girl. Way to go. I was sorry to hear that you had cancer but I am delighted and happy that you are on the road to recovery. What nerve this Bitch had, while you are in the stages of getting things in your life in order and she opens her great big mouth and starts gossipping. Wow, I would have punched her lights out big time. I just bet that the elder wanted to crawl under the table when he heard what she was saying about you to others in the Hall. Fat Woman 2 Big Mouth

As far as I see it, and any ex elders out there , would this not be considered slanderous and gossiping falsely about a person?? Or do they shy away from dealling with this issue on account of the fact that gossip is rampant in every kingdom hall. I deplore gossip. I detest the spreader of gossip and I think anyone who stoops to that level is a sick SOB. I never gossiped about anyone as I know the pain it can cause and the grief it leaves behind. I was often the subject of gossip in our hall. Another sister had the courage to tell me that she to particapated in the gossip about me as well, and when she really truly got to know me personally she knew that none of the false gossip was true. She told me she was shamed of herself and asked me to forgive her. Well first off I knew people talked about me but I had no idea how bad it was until she told me and I would say at least 10-12 sisters were involved in making accusations against me. I did nothing about it, as I felt is was their lose. If they wanted to believe what ever shit was being said, I thought they will get everything they deserve and then some. I am a firm believer in" what goes around come around".

So Mary I am proud of you and your courage is phenomenal. I hope that sister and elder get what they deserve. I am certain if she told others in the KH about you she more than likely told her husband about it. So as far as I am concerned they both are in the wrong. And yes I would do something about it. I am not sure that you will get any satisfaction from the elders in the hall, but certainly it would make the brothers in Bethel sit up and listen. Especially is you say things in a legal fahsion..

I wish you well and I hope when they go to the next meeting and just lear at her and she'll squirm through the whole meeting . Because if she has any brains she'll know you will do something to her. Vegence is a dish best served cold....

Well Mary dear, take good care of yourself and your health. as I said earlier I am happy and delighted that you are doing okay now.

Hugs and kisses from the

Big Orangefatcat!!! Xxlt.Orange Fat Cat 15 Love And Kisses

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Orange,

Slander? Absolutely!! Especially so since what this idiot was saying is totally false, and results in harm to the subject of the slander (In the dubbie world, speech doesn't need to be false to be considered slander, BTW)

As I inferred earlier in this thread, slander is an under-prosecuted sin amongst Jehovah's Witnesses.....the "talk" that goes on in most congregations is often slanderous. Elders that will come down hard on "fornication", "adultery", "apostasy" become deaf and dumb about slander.

There's nothing like being the victim of stupid/ignorant/slanderous talk to fully appreciate how rotten it is............

----Dan

• Mary
    Mary
    Orangefatcat said: and any ex elders out there , would this not be considered slanderous and gossiping falsely about a person?? Or do they shy away from dealling with this issue on account of the fact that gossip is rampant in every kingdom hall.

I don't know if it would be considered "gossip" as she wasn't spreading lies about me, she was just shooting her big fat trap off about what she THOUGHT I should have done........which probably qualifies as slander, but they'd find a loophole around it. And besides, we all know that when you're dealing with an elders wife, they won't do a damn thing about it. If they did, 3/4 of the Hall would be DF'd for gossip. Quite frankly I don't give a damn what she thinks and I hope it goes around the congregation that I told the old bag off. I know pu-lenty of others that would love to tell her off but they don't have the nerve. Oooooh yes, I must say I felt MUCH better after I told her off. And I think to emphasize my point, I'll sit RIGHT behind her at the next meeting. hehehehehehehe.................

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Mary,

For the record, ANY talk about others is "technically" gossip (eg. even something "harmless", but about others such as: "Susie had her baby yesterday...."), SOME talk about others is harmful, even SLANDEROUS (like what that bozo elder's wife said about you).

Since the talk about you injured your reputation with others, (regardless of whether there is ANY truth to it), it's SLANDER, which can be a "disfellowshipping" offense. In other words, gossip is at the bottom of the "scale", slander at the other end.

Most people think of "gossip" in a negative sense only, but the above is the Witness concept.

---Dan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit