Which One Lie Hurt You The Most About Jehovahs Witnesses?

by shamus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

One lie? That is a hard question as there were so many. It was like my whole life had been pulled out from under me. So many false hopes that kept us going in the Org.

The final ticket out for me was the love (lack of) shown by those who were supposed to be closer than family--people I had known for years. That so-called love was conditional and based on your performance in support of the WT real estate investment and book publishing corporation. It was a ripoff all around--mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Still picking up the pieces here.

• Satanus
    Satanus

For me, it was the lie that god was directing the governing body. Ray franz' book showed that it was politics which guided their secret meetings. Learning that upset me badly, but it also set me free.

SS

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

The unnecessary guilty feeling and embarrassments of going back to the elders to say. "Opps I did it again!"

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Family_man:
    It's easier to prove when you've met him

A better one, on that score, is about Christ not being the Mediator for the Great Crowd (there's a thread on that, recently).

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

The thing that made me start to wonder was when I first wrote the socity about the articals in the tower that a dubber could not use a fire arm to defend them self even if it ment death for them self or some one else. they could not even use nonleathel peper spray or stun guns. the answers I got from the socity were so inept and pablem that it really made me start to think " hay wait a min. these people are not the all knowing dieties that I thought they were." then the biggie was the change in 1914 generation, which I had said for a long time that if they change that I would leave, all along I was told by elders and others in the borg that they would never change that meaning. then when they did all those who said they would never change defended the change with shit answers like " I like the new meaning because it makes the meaning clearer" quoat by butch repp. vanderbiult cong. mi. what the hell was that suposed to mean?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    " I like the new meaning because it makes the meaning clearer"

WTF?

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

• justhuman
    justhuman

EVERTYHING HURT ME

• hungarian xjw
    hungarian xjw

The lies about Jesus' person and His finised work on cross.

• Free in Jesus
    Free in Jesus

So many are the lies...

They are taught that they are living in a spiritual paradise. Ha, ha, ha.

If that is a spiritual paradise, I honestly prefer hell. And I'm sooooooo happy and free here in hell.

If I'm not wrong, living in a spiritual paradise means producing the fruitage of the spirit (as G. Gangas loved to emphasize). And I don't believe JW do necessarily better than people from other religions in producing the fruitage of the spirit!

• JustUs
    JustUs

While I feel I've pretty much shaken off the deception this organization preaches as gospal, the lie that continues to hurt is the lie my only child and ex-wife believe. That lie is that they are better off keeping a distance from me and my leanings toward apostate thinking. The lie that if they listen to the "slave" and avoid me I might somehow, some way, "return to Jehovah" and avoid destruction at Armageddon. My child is my life. I've lost my child to a lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit