Which One Lie Hurt You The Most About Jehovahs Witnesses?

by shamus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Tuesday

Charles T. Russell being tried as a child molester.

that claim is so absurd, I can't believe people actually believe this one. What garbage!

RR

• jgnat
    jgnat

The elders telling my husband that Jehovah would not hear his prayers..... if he married me.

• shotgun
    shotgun

That shunning family and friends was required by Jehovah

• family_man
    family_man

Please elaborate on a couple of things. I am trying to rescue my wife...

...that Jesus was "only an angel".

Once the lid was blown on that one, a whole heap of other stuff fell apart at the seams.
    I don't believe I retain anything, of what I previously held true, for I found even the most innocuous beliefs to be tainted (images of "leaven" flashing up).

How do I blow the lid of of this? It's tough when they quote nothing scripture which says that Jesus is the son of god. As the angles, hence Jesus is an angle. I know this is not true - but am having a hard time showing it in the scripture... I never thought I wouldI have to prove this logically thats what faith is for ...

#1. Lack of love and patience.. and three elders walking in with "shoot to kill"..on their minds carrying shotguns. (I do not believe that all elders are like this....but these 3 were)..Power gone wild.

#4. Malawi vs Mexico, Beth Sarim- which was a eye opener,
    #3. The U.N. thing really upset my bucket this year..

I have not heard of these ... I am kind of ignorant to some of this as I have never been a JW but need to learn so to improve my chances of getting her out...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Family Man, check out these links:

Jesus an angel or God?
    http://www.carm.org/questions/father_greater.htm

Malawi:
    http://www.jwfiles.com/malawi.htm

Watchtower associated with the United Nations:
    http://www.e-watchman.com/essays/essay_wt_ngo.html

...and my thread for newbies,
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/58215/1.ashx

Unfortunately, the "lack of love" may not become evident to the student until after baptism. When visiting the congregation, be alert, look around. Who sits at the back? Who is ignored? Any young mothers there without their husbands? How are they treated? Are the teenagers being themselves - laughing, joking around? Be consistent, love your wife, and hopefully she will figure out whose love is more genuine.

• Flip
    Flip

Freezing my little butt off doing ?street corner work? as a kid with my father every single Saturday morning and most Sunday afternoons, thinking that the books and magazines I was holding up in front of my face were actually important.

• Loris
    Loris

I mourn the loss of Paradise. Now I have to really grow old (older in my case). Now I really have to scramble to provide for myself as I age.

particlesnwaves5 said

losing all concept of the present....

It struck me that I mourn that too. I did not get to revel in the every day joy of my children. I had to push them to conform to the impossible standards of the WT. How many walks on the beach were missed? How many lazy Saturdays doing nothing but watching butterflies. No we had to save the world from impending disaster.

Now I am sad. I think I need to hug a grand baby.

Loris

• undercover
    undercover
    How many lazy Saturdays doing nothing but watching butterflies. No we had to save the world from impending disaster.

Excellent post. All those Saturday's wearing church clothes, knocking on doors, pedaling magazines. A complete waste of time. The best years of my life spent shilling this religion and with what return? A wasted youth. A wasted young adult life. Waiting for the world to end and it never happening. And now, getting older without the energy or time to pursue interests that I put on hold in my youth. Realizing that I am no different than the other 7 billion people on earth, I am going to grow old and die. To think that I dare think that I was special enough to believe that I wouldn't die. How gullible, stupid, ignorant can a person be? But I was that person. And now, I am just another nameless, faceless person in the stream of history that in 200 years no one will know about or care about. Thank you, WTS for fucking up my life.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Tho blood issue really bothers me because when a member of the Org. you feel as if this is such a special thing that only the witnesses believe in. That we were ready to die for a belief. However upon research there is no real bibilical proof that we are not allowed to use blood for medical reasons. And then the fact that the society can flip flop thier decisions about transfusions, etc. What about the people who died when its was against society policy? What about thier respective families and lost ones?

If my dear Wife needed a blood transfusion or if I needed one I would by all means take one for THIS life. I can't wait for a mysterious unknown future resurrection-paradise bullywocks.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

That they are the "true religion", that the organization is the "faithful and discreet slave".

Whadda buncha hooey!!

Close runner-up- That they WON'T "go beyond the things written".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit