Which One Lie Hurt You The Most About Jehovahs Witnesses?

by shamus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

Which one teaching really hurt you when you found out that it was not true?

My number one thing is finding out that the name "Jehovah" was NOT in the bible like it was in the New World Translation (tm).

Christians did not call God "jehover" "jehovah" or by his first name, no more than you would call your father by his first name when you were a child. (I would have peeled my cheek off the wall from the slap if I tried that bit of disrespect).

The mis-quoted historians, the out of context historian teachings, just utter garbage. It hurt me because I felt that I had a "special" relationship with god, yet I acted as a scribe and pharisee towards fellow mankind.

Which teaching really hurt you when you found out that it was a lie?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The FDS was not Gods sole unique channel

• dustyb
    dustyb

lack of love and compassion. elders trying to pry into personal matters and everything else. its a mess.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Which one teaching really hurt you when you found out that it was not true?

That I would never die. It was found in the infamous 1966 book "Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God and Yet Another Major Watctower Lie" written by none other than the biggest Watchtower monster of of all times, namely, Freddie Franz. YES! He was worse than Rutherford!

Freddie was the worst cancer the WTS ever brought upon itself and I can prove it. Rutherford is a close second, though. But Freddie concocted the "biblical" arguments for many of Rutherford's drunken rants in his own books, including the "biblical arguments" to justify Beth Sarim.

You don't believe me? Just ask me. I'm an expert on Beth Sarim. I've been there at least 5 dozen times. I wrote an essay about it. Rutherford lived there. Freddie gave him justification to live there.

Two criminals. One, a scumbag who lived like a king. The other, a scumbag who lived and was treated like a prophet from God. They were both wrong.

They both hurt a lot of people. Ruined a lot of lives, actually. But they lived like Kings and were worshipped like Kings in their little WTS ivory towers, while the little folks were getting screwed by them and their wacky fantasies.

Farkel

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I agree with Farkel on this one,,,,,,the teaching that I would never die, but live forever on earth. That still bothers me because I believed that this" system of things" would be ending soon before old age hit me. Now I can see myself aging, and seeing that my time , although I still have many good years , are indeed limited.

I put off so many things that I should have done, futher my education, worked to put money away for retirement,,,etc. etc.

In time I may come to believe in some kind of life after death, but for now I don't really believe anything. Even if we do go to Heaven,,,,,it must be a wonderful place , a place so much better than earth , I still want to live on this earth as a human being. It was a beautiful dream to be able to live forever to do all the things on this earth , all the things this earth has to offer a human.

I still want to see and be a part of my children's lives and that of the generations to come. Now that is something that I have to accept I wont physically be here with them. I want to keep the hope that I will "see" them where ever I am. But , I wonder how my abscence will effect them ,,,,,they were taught the same thing, that we would all be together forever.

Cursed be the WTBS for LIES! Lies that crush beautiful dreams.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I cannot say it better than Dede.

"ditto" to what she said.

• gespro
    gespro

The lack of love or should I say 'real love'. Here, the fruitages of the spirit are staring us in the face, my mother lectured me on it, there were talks about it but, it was no where to be found. What I did find were consistant braggards, strife, pride, schemers, prejudice under the guise of 'christian love'. I was baptised at 9years old andlittle did I really know what I was to encounter g

• boa
    boa

my big problem right now is the seemingly trustworthy evidence that the fellows at the top of the org are just men, not so spirit directed, and full of politics which i REALLY REALLY HATE. Not telling truth so as to tickle the ears of the masses of jws or worry over what they will do REALLY REALLY ticks me off.

I say give me the cold hard truth like : we REALLY REALLY screwed up here and i'll respect you far more in the morning. Or, we REALLY REALLY don't know so we won't say anything right now would be fine by me too.

You may be able to tell i'm in the middle of COC but had my suspicions some time before about this stuff.

boa

'still in the org but not sure for how long'

• Lady_Kaye
    Lady_Kaye

I was told that Jehovah would expose all false religion by bringing everything out, for the whole world to see. Everyone would see her fall (BABYLON THE GREAT) Catholics were exposed. Then I find the witnesses have child abuse scandals, too. HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN IN GODS PERFECT ORGANIZATION ????? This was my first let down.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I guess finding out abuot all those folks in Malawi who died needlessly over a small point which was nullified after they were wormfood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit