Which One Lie Hurt You The Most About Jehovahs Witnesses?

by shamus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided
    Which one teaching really hurt you when you found out that it was not true?

The teaching that God is so loving and careing toward mankind, when in fact he could let an organization like the WT. society flourish in his name.

Ken P.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

"The TRUTH that leads to ETERNAL LIFE" The Blue Bomb as it was known.Full of LIES.The one which has hurt me the most,because it has also affected my family and relatives was "YOU WILL NEVER DIE! Because of this 30 something years of our lives have been changed forever.

Blueblades

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

So many lies...so little time. What finally propelled us out was the fact that the org. feels that anyone who isn't baptized is an unbeliever. Tell that to your kids who have stuck up for the JW's their whole school career and stood out like a sore thumb. Unbeliever? I think not. Cathy L.

• flower
    flower

There were so many things that hurt me a lot to find out were lies. But the big one was finding out that god was a LIE . Finding out that I was praying to no one for so many years. Finding out that I was trying to please no one. Finding out that everything I felt guilty about being unable to do for god was based on a lie and a myth. My entire life was based upon gods existance as a person and finding out that there is no proof of gods existance and that the concept of a biblical god is illogical was extrememly hard for me to accept and took a lot out of me.

flower

• shamus
    shamus

I think that the lack of love really hurt me the most. I had given 110 percent to these people, and, when they would not even acknowledge me, in my pain, I knew that something was up.

So I went out and got help for my depression.... probably 50 percent was caused by the dumbasses in the congregation who turn love on and off like a light switch.

They did me a favour, though. I'm free of theyr'e lies and corruption. I don't need they're religion for a crutch anymore; if god is out there, he hates Jehovahs Witnesses, I can assure you of that.

• particlesnwaves5
    particlesnwaves5

I think the UN scandal is the most shocking thing to me. After years of reading horror stories of the persecution witnesses suffered in other lands to maintain extreme political neutrality--the idea that the WT organization would become a NGO member with the UN for a library card, or for what ever reason, is incredible. I think of persons who were disfellowshiped for doing a civil jobs for the army, the prohibitions to join the Y, girl/boy scouts, to do extracurricular activities, etc. Straining the gnat but swallowing the camel........It was a "camel" they created too, by the way, by demonizing the UN.

I think the second biggest "lie" to me is that a person is evil if he comes to know the "truth" and then rejects it--that she "loses God's spirit" and becomes mentally and spiritually corrupted....I feel like I am a more caring, more spiritual, more compassionate person since I left the Witnesses.

One thing I want to say about it all--I don't know what motivates the people at the top. But I was listening to, or reading, something about how if you really want to be convincing about something--you have to believe it yourself. I think that even the guys at the top might really believe the things they say but have deluded themselves. The WT beliefs are a collective illusion.

I guess the most personal lie was that we should be working toward a glorious future after armeggedon and put aside personal pursuits. Sacrificing educational goals, enduring things that I should have done something about, losing all concept of the present....Seeing only evil in this "system of things". To be sure there are serious problems, but there is also a lot of good if one has eyes to see it.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

"Come to us when you are feeling spiritually distressed ..."

Ha!

ESTEE

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

The methodical covering up of the child molesters actions

The lie that we will live forever.......That one still pisses me off

• proandcon
    proandcon

For me...it was initially two things...one...the absolute gall of the WTS to make doctrinal changes without in any way explaining thier previous position while blaming "some" who believed what the previously taught for years..(eg generation change)...two...conditional love...what a crock...and used so neatly by many when they feel like it...

I was never really tied up too much in this BS...but it did affect me somewhat...so glad to be out

• Sassy
    Sassy

That there were true friendships cultivated in the organization..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit