Which One Lie Hurt You The Most About Jehovahs Witnesses?

by shamus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• pdx
    pdx

There are so many, but one is that the apostates were telling lies, & beating his fellow slaves. And finding out that the ones that had the signs at the conventions, were the ones that had more thuths than the 'truth'

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

So beautiful, I totally agree with you.

The thought of life eternal, of being together with the ones you live, of doing things together with them, was implanted in me - became a part of me - and now the removal of it is very, very painful.

The elephant ride I told my kids we would have, they now tell they will have with their children, and I must rephrase it so as to have it with my grandchildren.

Being mortal after all, for a guy who lived his whole life BEFORE receiving the WT message in fear of death - is a brutal thought. I was in the chains of the fear of death, broke free of them, but now have to put them on again - and that sucks!

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

The dangling carrot of eternal life on a paradise earth with loving humanity free from all of the woes that confront mankind. To what sane person would that not appeal to given the opportunity.

Wishful thinking supported by lies and half truths and perpertrated by evil manipulative bastards.

cheeses h. f****** cripes.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

...that Jesus was "only an angel".

Once the lid was blown on that one, a whole heap of other stuff fell apart at the seams.
    I don't believe I retain anything, of what I previously held true, for I found even the most innocuous beliefs to be tainted (images of "leaven" flashing up).

• Sirona
    Sirona

I think the nail in the coffin with me was how they had altered their bible. They had inserted the name "Jehovah" in places with NO justification WHATSOEVER. NO manuscripts existed which showed that name in those places. They basically went through the bible and decided where they "thought" it should say "Jehovah" or where it was Lord (to suit their own precious doctrine that Jesus is "a god" - polytheism IMO)

I wrote to the society with this exact point and they didn't answer satisfactorily - in fact they just sent a couple of elders round to quell the apostate ""lies""

Once I realised that they'd altered the bible itself to suit their warped ideas, well that was enough for me to walk out of there and never look back.

Strange really, given that I don't follow the bible at all nowadays. I still think that the importance of that book cannot be underestimated and that knowingly changing it is downright disgusting.

Sirona

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thought the lie about everlasting life is a big let down, the lie telling us that the WTS loves us and care for our best interests had the greatest impact on me. I just had the hardest time understanding why a loving God would put up with His Orginization acting the way they do. Once I came to see the God has nothing to do with the WTS all the rest of the pieces fit. But it was the lie of love that caused me to wake up and face the truth!....I'm still pissed! Maverick

• Brummie
    Brummie

Finding out about the Malawie thing made me real upset, I remember reading the persicution mags when I was a kid and almost having tears in my eyes feeling real sorry for the brothers & sisters, but to then find out later about the lies the GB covered up was real gutting, they could have avoided it all.

Brummie

• Mary
    Mary

I'd have to say the doctrine of never growing old and dying in this System is the one that hits home the most. I never in a million years thought I'd have to watch my grandparents die, let alone my parents and then prepare to die myself one day. My parents are in their 70s now and although they still go to the meetings (not regularly anymore), my father knows that he is going to die one day and the thought just terrifies him and I know he feels betrayed by the Society. After all, for the last 60 years, it's been drilled into his head that the Big A would be here long before he ever had to worry about retiring and dying. And he believed it----totally.

I cried my eyes out when I read Crisis of Conscience and read about all the brothers and sisters in Malawi who were needlessly raped, tortured and murdered, all because of one asshole on the Governing Body who decided to change his vote at the last minute, which would have allowed the brothers to carrying the required Party Card. It just makes me sick.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I remember reading some Judiciary Hearings online and thinking how stupid they were and how much it was like the Salem Witch Trials. I kept picturing my friends that were disfellowshipped going through this and I can honestly say that I wasn't angry, I didn't feel betrayed it just hurt and I didn't know how to stop it.

Other quick notes of things that hurt me was the Society letter to Hitler asking that JW's not be taken to concentration camps. For the most part I understood that, but when the letter went into anti-semetic rhetoric I was appauled.

Charles T. Russell being tried as a child molester.

Some of the personal expiriences I've read have made me cry.

Lastly the entire Silent Lambs website makes me think I was in the wrong orginization, it makes me want to do more but it also just makes me sad for the victims.

• Special K
    Special K

The top one lie that hurt me at the impact of "disfellowshipping"......was:

#1. Lack of love and patience.. and three elders walking in with "shoot to kill"..on their minds carrying shotguns.

(I do not believe that all elders are like this....but these 3 were)..Power gone wild.

#2. Child abuse.

--------------------------------------

After disfellowshipping I came to know about

#4. Malawi vs Mexico, Beth Sarim- which was a eye opener,

-----------------------------------------

At present I still shocked about

#3. The U.N. thing really upset my bucket this year.. After being out of the borg for 10 years.. I come into this forum and I am Upset pissed off at that major revelation...and the Transplant thingy changed since I was kicked out. It's appalling really.

sincerely

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit