Public debate on how the forum is run

by Simon 79 Replies latest forum announcements

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hey Yeru!

My son Mark, from my first marriage, has recently left The Army. He was a Lance Corporal attached to the 9/12 Royal Lancers.

The Lancers were, well, lancers, then swapped their horses and lances for tanks after the Battle of Mons in 1915.

This is their favourite tank, the Challenger 2:

Englishman.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The Challenger 2....

By the way, I am a girl, but those big machines do make me go all tingly....

This baby is what gets my heart racing...

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

jgnat I knew we had more in common than this board. Air force jets have been my fav, ever since I saw the Snowbirds at age 5.

I was going to post a really deep introspective post here about organization vs chaos but I think I will save it for a forum that gives a shit

• Englishman
    Englishman

XJW,

A few weeks ago, I watched Concorde make it's last ever flight. It was built just a few miles up the road from me, and it came in at about 1000 feet above my house. There were 1000's of local people who helped build Concorde and the last one made it's final low flight over WSM and Bristol as a tribute to them.

This is her on that final day as she flew especially over Brunels suspension bridge at Clifton, Bristol:alt

Also, I live about 300 yards from the beach, my road is at right angles to the beach. A couple of years back, we had a local airshow, Red Arrows and stuff, and a Harrier was also performing. I came out of my house, looked left to where an astonishing noise was emanating from, and there was a Harrier, hovering above the end of my road. Incredible, it made me realise that when one sees one of those beauties pop up, it's time to change one's pants.

Englishman.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gadget:

So which part of a tank gets you drooling then Ross..... And are you comfortable with that?

The pointy end, of course, and I'm perfectly comfortable, thanks. Are you?

I love jet planes, too. Having seen my fair share of Harriers and Tornados, you've got to admire what those guys can do with their shining machinery...

(I'm starting to wonder if it's de rigeur for a hetero guy, like myself, to say stuff like this )

• jgnat
    jgnat

An interesting article about Community versus Individuality.

http://cmch-vellore.edu/htm/beginnings/beginnings2.htm

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

When all is said and done, this is a great group of people here. I have learned a lot here, have been involved in many good debates with some really sharp minds (and some not so sharp), I have laughed till I cry, I have been angry, I have been suprised...I have been moved in many ways. Folks, what more can one ask ask for?

• Gadget
    Gadget
    I love jet planes, too.

We could always get everyone to club together and have some fun.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2459887373&category=26428

• Don Smith
    Don Smith

I read the forum rules about being , friendly and welcoming , legal and relevant ,and reserving the right to delete at discretion what is considered unacceptable if one repeatedly chooses to ignore the rules intended to keep the forum civil. Its like me saying i dont have to abide by the rules of the road after getting my license to drive and i dont have to stop at that stop sign.People can get hurt if the rules are ignored

I find most exjw forums upbuilding and encourageing but also appreciate after being Muzzled for over 40 years i can understand why some may shoot from the LIP for one reason or another. But i think all in all the majority are very kind and very considerate in their posts as we have all been there and felt the pain and are consoleing. Remember the fruitages of the spirit ,love joy ,peace ,long suffering , kindness, goodness and SELF CONTROL.. Plus the cardinal rule where Jesus warns his disciples about spoiling the spirit of the new Kingdom when he told them that it is inevitable that there whould be pitfalls, but alas for the man who is responsible for them! As it would be better for that man to have a millstone hung around his neck and thrown into the sea,than that he should trip up one of these little ones So be careful.how we live and what we say.

So we want to watch how we walk and watch how we talk and if i read the comments correctly i dont feel Simon is lording it over us he is just doing his job, isnt that right Simon , Don Smith

• Valis
    Valis

Actually...nice post Don and welcome to the forum if i haven't already.

Sincerely,

Disrict Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit