Public debate on how the forum is run

by Simon 79 Replies latest forum announcements

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Seriously doesn't the pm function work better for all these board debates when it involves thread deletion. In the past several have been deleted from the forum after nasty open debates often with you. Why not pm back and forth and if necessary delete individuals without the debate on a thread. I suppose you tried all thoses avenues and I'm not privy to them so I'm only guessing what you have or have not tried.

Shotgun,

You're are spot-on there, mate. PM's are always the best way to handle these sort of disputes, probably because no-one is trying to win in front of an audience. Occasionally a mod will get a PM from a poster where he/she has not been able to make headway with someone else, (maybe even Simon, gasp!) this usually happens when there is a basic personality clash that can't be overcome.

Most of these things come down to using basic common sense IMHO. Mind you, I'm no angel either, having managed to get myself deleted from a couple of boards in the last few years.

What the hell, nobody's perfect, most things are retrievable. Providing nothing has been said that is too wounding, the admin here forgive and forget pretty quickly.

Englishman.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    It wasnt an insult, it takes two sides to keep a war going and am I wrong in stating that you continued the arguments (whether right or wrong) right up until your goodbye thread a couple of months ago? I havent been so involved in defending my case on either side since this just keeps the argument going on and on and on. I didnt say you caused all the arguments (italicised because I was anticipating a misquote)but you certainly didnt let them drop. Even though you have handled yourself respectively it did nothing but keep the board wars going, in particular you being a mod on here would just add fire to the flames over there, if this sounds more like an insult than a matter of fact then I apologise.

Brummie

OK, Brummie, no hard feelings.

Maybe I shouldn't have gone over there. It just seemed to me that it was all one-way traffic, so I felt that someone needed to redress the balance. I did probably stay far too long in retrospect.

Englishman.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sally:
    Why do you think I'm running from Chris (BigTex)???
    ROFL

Besides - what did you think I meant, oh she, of the scrupulously clean mind!!!?

• wasasister
    wasasister

OK, I agree that things should be taken to PM. However, if a person's account is inactivated and they sincerely don't know why (which seemed to be the case last night), how can they use the PM feature?

Curious,

Wasa

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    I did probably stay far too long in retrospect.

Well, I for one can't fault you on that, E-man! They are so inflammatory that even I have been tempted to go over there and start swinging my machete.

Nina

• Angharad
    Angharad

They can email, but it would help if they were willing to wait for a reply due to timezones etc.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

ROFLMAO at Little Toe!

Nina

• Golf
    Golf

Simon, when I have something to say to someone, I prefer to it face to face. Since this is an international forum, I P.M. period.

Guest 77

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    So how did it grip it?

Well it's not really about the grip. It's about weight ratios.

But then you never know about Mercia.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Chris:

Well it's not really about the grip. It's about weight ratios.

Is that another way of saying that size doesn't matter?

(LT's in a naughty mood, today - can you tell - hehehe)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit