Public debate on how the forum is run

by Simon 79 Replies latest forum announcements

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

OH ! I thought this was going to be a debate on how the forum is run. DOH ! Putting away popcorn, changing channel.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

This is a forum, not a democracy.

Unless you pay towards the hosting costs and towards the time of the moderators then what gives you the right to have a say in who is deleted and why? and why expect public announcement of everyone who is deleted, or asks to be deleted. I've seen this on sevaral boards where antagonistically vocal critics ask to be deleted in a big huff and then complain when they are. Get over it! We are here to chat and discuss stuff rather than have chippy little disagreements over internal politics. If you don't like the way it's run, you know where the door is.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

... no one gets my joke ...

• Xena
    Xena

you told a joke??? how uummm novel....

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Beste Abaddon,

It must be the Dutch in you, we just don't understand you!!!

Nah, don't worry, we can still smile downunder!!! We got it!

wel te rusten, Ozzie

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Yeah, but Ozzie, from where I am it looks like you're frowning... doesn't the blood go to your head...?

Xena; was that a joke? I think it was more coppery than irony...

Satan; Eine forum eine volk under de groove, gehtin duhrn juz voor de fuhnk ov it

Christian Solider; problem is, even if you ARE real people will think you're a trouble maker. Commenting on iinterboard politics in your second post, historically speaking, means there's a very high chance you are one of the people from that site who've been booted from here.

If you are not spoofing, change the subject...

If you are spoofing, god what a LAME attempt; " They don't seem to like this place much, or the poster known as 'Simon'."

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Is there some kind of bad feeling between these two places?

No, Not at all

Brummie

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I'm not touchy Christian Soldier... I'm just warning you other people are and that you are pushing the envelope of statistical liklihood ever such a little bit, so don;t come complaining if people don't trust you.. ooo, look at that... never mind, QED

• Englishman
    Englishman

I thought that this was pretty good:

This is a forum, not a democracy.

Unless you pay towards the hosting costs and towards the time of the moderators then what gives you the right to have a say in who is deleted and why? and why expect public announcement of everyone who is deleted, or asks to be deleted. I've seen this on sevaral boards where antagonistically vocal critics ask to be deleted in a big huff and then complain when they are. Get over it! We are here to chat and discuss stuff rather than have chippy little disagreements over internal politics. If you don't like the way it's run, you know where the door is.

The lad is right, it's not a democracy. It's a privately owned forum. Of course, if all the mods had been voted in and received a salary for their services, then it would have to be run differently, virtually by the electorate who had put them there. There will always be some not-too-bright people who compare the running of the forum to that of the WT org. However, those who've been out for more than 5 minutes are not so naive and are not fooled by this somewhat infantile claim. Those who wind 'em up know this too.. They do, they do. Englishman.
  • Brummie
    Brummie
    Those who wind 'em up know this too.. They do, they do.

Fwiw I think you have been the forerunner in keeping the board wars going for a long time, I tip my hat to you for finally stepping out a couple of months ago.

Brumm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit