my first post

by new light 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• new light
    new light

Hi Everyone! Well, after lurking here for about 3 weeks, I finally registered and decided to "join the club." Reading your posts has really been a great help in continuing on the path I know to be right. A little history if you'll bear with me.... Born and raised a JW....baptized at 13, DF'ed at 16. I've been reinstated for two years. After spending ten unsuccessful years in "the world," I had an honest-to-goodness spiritual awakening. Unfortunately, years of Watchtower programming tainted the experience and I felt I must get reinstated to please "God." Anyway, in the autumn of 2003, I began to notice little things in our study material that just did not measure up to real truth...you know, scriptures or even tiny parts thereof grossly misapplied or taken out of context. After a few months of this, doubts about Watchtower's validity as God's spokesman took root and I did a little research. WOW! was I ever blown away by what I read. Long story short I almost immediately stopped all "mother-approved" activity and have not set foot in a KH since December. Of course, my circumstances made that move much easier than for most, as I just moved into a new town and congregation and had not really made any new friends that would feel the need to pressure me. Even in this short amount of time, the positive changes have been many. I have a newfound love of humanity that I hadn't dreamed of as a Witness. That regimen of "Christian" work really choked out my better instincts. I look forward to the future now. I will go to college and start a family..a normal family. Thank you for reading through this and I really look forward to your replies. It really feels good to be here

• Valis
    Valis

welcome new light...You will find many here w/the same story...sometimes the little things add up to a big life changing insight. Enjoy!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board, new light.

"I have a newfound love of humanity "

isn't that great! You have your whole life ahead of you. Enjoy.

Joy

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Welcome to JWD, NewLight! Very interesting bio.....I'm sure you'll enjoy reading some of the other members bios...lotsa info and support here...plus...we have lotsa fun, too! Just wait till your first "Apostafest"...heheheh

Frannie B

• Puternut
    Puternut

We welcome you with open arms. Your name indicates that you have found the real light. And here you are welcome to talk, cry, vent, laugh, or share your thoughts. I hope all the best for you in your new life. I am starting over also, and a place like this is invaluable.

Puternut

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Welcome NewLight , great to have you with us...........hugs LyinEyes/Dede

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome New light.

Glad you are here, and hope to hear more from you.

j

• Badger
    Badger

Welcome New light....

We all do tend to have a similar story, but a different outlook on all of it. glad you;re here!

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

New Light,

Welcome, you sure sound like one of us.

I have a newfound love of humanity that I hadn't dreamed of as a Witness. That regimen of "Christian" work really choked out my better instincts. I look forward to the future now.

Wow, you have escaped to reality. Sounds like you somehow skipped the anger and depression stages.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Puternut,

I'm impressed with how far you have come. Now you are welcoming people like an old timer.

Steve

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I have a newfound love of humanity that I hadn't dreamed of as a Witness.

That was what struck us very soon after leaving the JW's too. It's wonderful to really appreciate people other than as potential converts to our way of thinking. People from all walks of life can be enjoyed and associated with, without fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit