my first post

by new light 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• gespro
    gespro

From one who 'stabbed himself over many times' by not letting go of the borg quick enough, I welcome you!

You are just entering your prime. Be free and stay free and healthy from the burdons of any oppressor.

g

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome New Light.

cj

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Welcome, New Light!

DY

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Welcome New Light and all other newbies. We're happy that you are open to hearing the other side of the story. You won't regret it.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Welcome 'New Light' I'm kinda new here, too I quickly became almost possesed er, obsessed with all the good info and people here !

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Welcome New Light. You'll find a lot of supporting friends here. I'm a new here, too and so far have learned so much from reading posts, and it makes me feel like I'm not alone in this. I felt more alone in the KH when I believed everything and was doing all I could to please them.

I liked how you mentioned the "new found love of humanity". I noticed that too recently. JWs see people as either all bad or all good and it's hard to shake that thinking, but once you do it's like a huge weight is lifted off of you. When almost everyone is evil to them - in my family even JWs "in good standing" rarely measured up - it's like a dark cloud is hanging over them all the time. I'm glad we aren't affected by that BS anymore!

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

Welcome new light! I just joined a month ago, and this place has been great. I've been doig research since september and it's incredible the things the society don't want the R&F to know. You'll make lots of friends here. It's really good that you've decided to go to college, many here will agree that it is one best thing they've done, especially since the wts discouraged many from going.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Welcome.

I had a similar experience, but spent much more of my life as a jaybubya than you did. I left at 13, got DF'd, came back in at 22 and raised a family, realized by 32 that for a certainty I'd made a mistake getting back into it, left it at 37 (got DA'd) and have been lovin' life ever since.

My advice is to hold on to the things of value that come from the Biblical knowledge, principles and morals you were taught, and stay away from wickedness. You'll love TRUE Christian freedom without the heavy yoke of the WTC if you do so.

Enjoy!!!

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Welcome new light!!! Cathy L.

• kat2u
    kat2u

hello new light,good to have you.And look forward to getting to hear more from you.

Kat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit