my first post

by new light 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

WELCOME from Dallas, Texas (even though my avatar says Virgin Islands -- that's just a memory and a wish)!!!

Nina

• Carmel
    Carmel

Welcome NL,

Just curious, any new insights on your "religious" experiance since you've seen the "light"?

carmel of the "just curous" class

• ZeroKool29
    ZeroKool29

Hey Newlight.

I'm new here, too and I want to tell you that you're making the right choice by posting here and reading the posts of others. I believe this is a community and that everyone here is not out to "suck you in" or "fill your head." These are just people. The ones who are out to fill your head are the people you just left. Because they teach that the head CAN be filled. An open mind is just that: OPEN. It will never be filled. And why should it be? I am more and more convinced that whatever force is in charge in this unvierse is less concerned about what organization we are a card carrying member of, and more concerned about how we spend this life we've been given. Do we sell our humanity and free will to people who wish to control us? Or do we seek for those things that cannot be found, cannot be known? God is mysterious and maybe no one can truly know him, but maybe it's the journey that is the reward. I said it before, my mind is open right now, and I would not trade that for anything the WTS could offer me.

Excelsior! Godspeed!Carpe Diem! And all that jazz.

• Plo Koon
    Plo Koon

I?m also a new member here. Welcome and nice to meet you!

• bebu
    bebu

Wow! A lot of newbies here!!

Newlight, ZeroKool29, and Plo Koon:

Hope you enjoy your stay at hotel JWD.

bebu

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Welcome! Your post made me recall the words my cousin wrote to me when I first left: "Welcome to the real world." I hope you find many friends and enjoyable discussions here.

SNG

• new light
    new light

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. It's good to be part of a community of freethinkers at last. To Carmel: I still believe that "experience" a few years ago was valid. I mean I just felt an overwhelming sense of forgiveness for all I have done wrong and felt I had begun to really understand God. But, like I said, all those years of WT programming soon reared their ugly head and put that experience into a mold. Going back to the KH at that point was a disappointment in that I was quite coldly received (different town than I grew up in and was DF'ed from) and no one seemed the least bit happy that I wanted back in. I should have gone with my gut instincts and followed my heart toward love, but I pressed on, determined to be reinstated. A big step backwards, IMO.

Zero Kool-- I like the way you think. Really liked the point about how our heads should never be filled, but that is what the WT would like. Never viewed things that way but I will now. Right on.

new light

P.S. I don't in any way imply that I am some sort of spiritual guru or that I have any answers by the name "new light". Just kind of a parody of the whole "light gets brighter" thing and I thought it was kind of ironic to use it on a site opposed to WTBTS. i thank you.

• badboy
    badboy

1 hopes U will shed`NEW LIGHT'' 4 us.

• franklin J
    franklin J

welcome to the forum, New light

You are among friends here

Frank

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Welcome aboard new light! I'm happy to hear that you want to "start a normal family". I wish you well on your journey into your new life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit