My life ... and how JWD came to be - Part 1

by Simon 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Thanks for posting your story Simon! I can't wait until the next installment.

By the way, what's your "official" Apostate Super Villian name?

ApostaMan? Hmmm... maybe not. Any other suggestions?

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Thanks, Simon, I enjoyed reading that very much. What an adventurous, energetic little "boy life" you had, before all the adult family stuff had to interfere.

Nice to hear about another part of the world, too!

Looking forward to more.

By the way, I also think it can help to make very new ones feel more at ease, knowing what sort of chap ( ) runs this very active board.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Simon,

I feel like i know u a lot better. U have a flair for writing: i enjoyd the tales of your boyhood. Now that is what kids are supposed to do, be adventurous and fun. I'm glad u had good grandparents. I never really knew mine, the grandfathers both died young and both grandmothers were quite old when i was born as my mom /dad were the youngest of a large brood. I have 2 grandchildren now, and we cherish every moment we have with them.

U are getting even Simon, and more. That bastard who told u not to assocaiate your dad is paying. This site must be a pain in the arse for the WTS.

I too am eagerly awaiting more of your story.

weds

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I agree with seeitallclearlynow. I lurked here for about a month before I posted, mainly because I wanted to make sure this whole thing was not some wacky new cult started by Simon.

With as wondrous as the internet is (a community like this would not exist without it,) it can be a little impersonal at times. It's very nice to get to know each other, even across the big blue ocean that separates us. Thank you, Simon, for sharing your story with us, and for giving all us 'postates a place to call home.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Cool Simon,

I'm loving it.

Steve

• Englishman
    Englishman

Keep going, Simon.

This is good for all of us.

Mike.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Wow, Simon. Not only are you the master technician and chief switch-puller around here, but you can write! Thanks for sharing. We want more!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Simon! I wonder if the society would put you in thier next edition of "Life Stories"of JW'S.Remember those articles they use to print in the wt.magazines.I always use to like to read them,how people faced great odds,back in the day,and still remained faithful thanking God and the organization for thier support.

Really Simon,I want to thank you for writing your story and look forward to the next part.And thank you for keeping this forum up and running.Thank you for the understanding wife and family that you have and congratulations on all your exams that you passed.

You truly make a difference for all of us here.

Blueblades

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    I remember going to meetings and being bored of course and would pass the time wondering about the dinosaurs on the map in the back of the old bible or else would lie on my coat on the cold tiled floor under the hard plastic seats where it was cool and fall asleep until it was over.

What's up with that. I got a beating after or during every single meeting for falling asleep. I could count on it every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. No wonder I hated the meetings.

in the KH including an elder who was keen on the ?spare the rod, spoil the child? philosophy.

oh, okay nevermind, I see you got your's later. YIKES...

Looking forward to part two.

Lisa

• Badger
    Badger

Thanks Simon!

Never fails to shock me how much $#!+ we put up with...until we just can't take any more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit