My life ... and how JWD came to be - Part 1

by Simon 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• think41self
    think41self

Thanks for posting it Simon!

I enjoyed hearing more about your life, and I enjoy your story telling style..even the funky use of some "English" words!

I never really knew how you were estranged from your Dad, that's something that leaves a mark on your soul.

Looking forward to more of the story!

Tracy

• Maverick
    Maverick

Very well written Sir! Thank you for sharing this. I too, look forward to part two. Maverick

• Sassy
    Sassy

Thank you Simon. Your a good writer... it's hard sometimes to put into words the parts of our lives.. Looking forward to the next installment.

• shamus
    shamus

Hi Simon,

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule for this. I never knew that you had no contact with your dad... that's horrible!

I'm glad that you are speaking to him now.

Thanks again for all you do to try to bring down this destructive cult!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

((((Simon)))) I look forward to Part 2!

(And you didn't mention Bush even once!)

Nina

• Carmel
    Carmel

Dang, Glad noone asked how the universe came into being!

carmel who likes to get to the point

• simplesally
    simplesally

Simon, it will be nice to hear the whole story................thanks for Part I

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Simon,

Thank you for taking dear time and care to write and share the first half of your story. You had a bittersweet childhood. I had one of those, too. Thank goodness I was NOT a JW until I was nearly grown.

Over time, I lost regular contact with my dad and missed many years with him that I'll never get back. Something I bitterly regret and that they WTS will answer for.

Part 2 will be how I started to have my own doubts and got back in contact with my dad.

The org. has a way of doing this to children and their parents. My daughter has her own story to tell. I hope that your father is still alive and you can spend good time with him. This explains your connection to Canada.

Looking forward to Part 2 with great anticipation and suspense:

Heather

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Very enjoyable read Simon! You made me think about my Grandparents none of whom were JW's and very loving, fun wonderful people. As children we also played much like you did.......anyway it brought back many pleasant memories for me. Thanks!

I remember some ?caring? elder explaining the consequences to me that I would be Df?d and then my mother and sisters would not have any contact with me ? I would have lost all my family. I?d love to be alone in a room with that bastard now. He wouldn?t walk out of it.

Over time, I lost regular contact with my dad and missed many years with him that I'll never get back. Something I bitterly regret and that they WTS will answer for.

That really made me sad that a religion could keep children from their parents, yet just today I posted to another thread where there is a threat of the same thing happening. It makes me sick!

U are getting even Simon, and more. That bastard who told u not to assocaiate your dad is paying. This site must be a pain in the arse for the WTS.

Wednesday said it right! I hope and yet I doubt it could ever make up for the lost years of a boy with his father. My heart aches when I read things like that.

I'm looking forward to the next part.

Kate

• Panda
    Panda

Simon, I enjoyed reading Part 1 and look forward to part 2. When I started reading I thought "Wow, what a great life for a kid!" but then everything fell apart and my heart broke for you. I keep thinking how your kids willl benefit from all that early good stuff you lived. Your website reminded me of my Mom's saying "Living well is the best revenge." Well you've done it...you are smarter and wiser than any idiot from the KH. You are proof of how life can be so good and rewarding in everyway w/o the WTS. You're terrific and brilliant (except for not liking you know who).

Hugs, Panda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit