Is it a Gun Issue or a Mental Illness Issue or Both?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

Perhaps the US should ban mentally ill people, that way they can get rid of Trump as well

• minimus
    minimus

Other than FF‘s last comment , such very good responses!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Other than FF‘s last comment , such very good responses!

But it brought a chuckle!

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Isn't it strange how mental illness hardly massacres anyone in The United Kingdom, Canada or Australia?

• humbled
    humbled

Started to laugh then started to wonder...

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

I don't think it's anything to do with mental instability or guns, I think it's cultural

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

I just wanted to add that it was added that, "what deer hunter needs a high powered assault weapon that they use in the military to kill humans in order to get a deer for his or her meal?"

The problem is that the 2nd amendment wasn't written for the deer hunter. It was written for the revolutionary, the militia, the people to keep the government from becoming totalitarian. The 'deer hunter' was never its intent.

The question that people are scared shitless to ask is, "Is the second amendment needed in our modern society?' And if you believe it's not, how do YOU convince others who believe it is. Personally, I think something is broken in our society. And I'm not sure just banning guns is the solution.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

The US constitution wasn't written for 50 states either. The country has gotten too big and I think the solution is fragmentation. States like Texas and New York have nothing in common, it's bizarre that they'e part of the same union

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Guns don't kill people, people kill people but people with guns kill more people and mentally unstable people with guns kill the most people.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

But enough about the military

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit