If You Found A Wallet----Would You Turn It In??

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

if ID was in the wallet, i'd send it to the owner. if no ID, then i would hand it in to the local police station.

• JH
    JH
    if no ID, then i would hand it in to the local police station.

they would go buy donuts with the money.

• Galimo
    Galimo

been there, done that before, and yes send/give back without hesitation

one of the good things you learn as a JW IMO

• JH
    JH
    one of the good things you learn as a JW IMO

I was honest way before being a witness.

I learned hypocrisy in the JW's.

• JH
    JH

I worked many times with an elder in the cleaning business. We were cleaning in a bank, and I asked him what he would do if he found money on the floor while cleaning. He said he would wait and see if anyone would ask him if he found money. If no one asked he would keep it.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    if no ID, then i would hand it in to the local police station.

that is the sad part of your good act, without ID, it will probably never see the rightful owner again.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

When I was a teen I found a $5 on the gas station parking lot...and gave it to the attendant. I was at Hart's Field (Atlanta Airport) and went to a cash machine...the credit card was still in it...I could have withdrawn a ton of cash...instead I pulled it out...and waited for 10 minutes until a guy came up like he was looking for something. I said, he Bob, he turned around...I said, aren't you Bob so and so...he didn't recognize me (of course). I then asked...Did ya lose something. He responded that he was looking for his credit card...I handed it over.

There are honest people in the world...but a wallet with no ID...oh well.

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Absolutely yes. With ID, send it back. Without, put an ad in the paper, like someone else said. I am known for losing things (although never my wallet) and could only hope people would send things back!

If it's not yours, don't keep it.

Off that subject... we've been getting someone else's bills. Have no idea how -- it's someone else's name with our address, and it's not a former resident. Monday morning, gotta try again to call the bill people and say HEY, they don't live here! Little things like that annoy me.

SLM

• minimus
    minimus

If I found a wallet with id, I'd call them and tell them what I have. Unlike Valis, I wouldn't be tempted to keep the money. If I was EXPECTING a reward, I think that would be wrong-----(unless I found 10,000 bucks).

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

well, here's what happens in engalnd. if you find lost property and you cant trace the owner, and you hand it to the police which is what you are required to do by law, they will keep the article for 1 month(if value is £30 or under) or 6 months(if value is over £30). the police should give you a recepit of the article and contents, therefore cant spend any money if it's a wallet thats been handed in. if nobody has claimed the item within the required time, then it is handed back to you for you to keep. keeping the money and not handing it in to the police would be theft.

this way everyone is treated properly, both owner and finder. only a [edited] would want to steal someone else's hard earned money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit