When Was The Last Time You Prayed?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Little toe,

I'm just having a bad day. I take care of my alcoholic aunt. She is my mother's sister. I get sad sometimes. I hope I'm doing all I can do to help her. I ask direction, but get nothing. Like I said....it's just a bad day.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Yeah I guess I am with Gumby.

I don't know who to address out there. So I just pray away to the creator of all things. Hope that dials up the correct frequency. I still don't know if it is am fm ssb or digital.

It really sucks to really believe at one time that I had it all right.

Then get a little education and find out that religion and most of the world and its history is not too well put together. A little something here and there and a huge pile of crap between.

I kinda put together my own view of things religious. Not that I can prove anything. It is just what I would like it to be.

Don't worry, I won't force it on any of you .

Outoftheorg

• houdini
    houdini

It was this morning when I hoped my car would start up and get me to work without collapsing in the middle of the motorway on me like yesterday.

But I don't always see the ned to pray as this God is meant to know your needs before you ask him. So he should know that I need a new car so that I can get to work reliable.

But that's to materialist I think for God to do, he doesen't help out with things like that does He, only with supplying spiritual power.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Strawberry:
    Maybe the answer you are getting is "You are doing all you can. Be still. 'Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord' (Matt.25:23 KJV)..."

I don't envy you in those circumstances. Alcoholism is insidious (and rife in the locality in which I live).

Occasionally I pick up a daily devotional, like Spurgeon or Meyers. After your post I read the following, from Meyer's, which is a prayer:
    "Grant unto me grace, O Lord, that I may both perceive and know what things I ought to do, and may also have grace and power faithfully to fulfil the same. AMEN."

I don't know if that's in the least bit helpful, but I offer it to you, anyhow.
    Every blessing.

• Navigator
    Navigator

There is NOBODY out there. God is IN HERE! Praying to God "out there" is a waste of breath. Jesus said that "the kingdom of heaven is within you". So every morning I meditate in order to "get in touch" with the One Power and One Presence which I AM.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Nav:Careful not to get too dogmatic, now

Yes, God is IN HERE, but He is also OUT THERE. All is One.

Can we at least agree that God is omnipresent?

Iam who Iam, too

• smack
    smack

is saying "thank fsck for that" when i have a lucky escape considered praying?

well Mouthy almost swore Hi Gan

Steve

Tasmanian Overbeer

• mouthy
    mouthy

well Mouthy almost swore Hi Gan WHEN????????HOW???( thinking what is he/she talking about ?)

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh yes I reread my post Smack!!!! Yes naughty Mouthy!!!! But MY" DADDY"loves me UNconditionally- weather I say b h or b y nerve or not :))

• mouthy
    mouthy

I also see your a HE!!!! Sorry sweetie(((HUG))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit