When Was The Last Time You Prayed?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

I wonder how many "foxhole apostates" there are?

If I ever get in a pickle....I'm gonna pray.......then bend over as far as I can and kiss my arse goodbye.......just in case the prayer don't take.

Gumby

(btw.......shotguns a big bastard)

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I don't remember when, but it still happens from time to time even though I don't believe in "God" anymore.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/63990/1.ashx

Anyway, even when I was a JW or when I later thought I was a "Christian", I prayed whenever I felt like it -- but I hated whatever made prayer a routine (such as grace before meals and so on).

It reminds me of a French Bethel story, I was not an eyewitness to it but it may be true: one day the "brother" in charge of the switchboard was unexpectedly called to offer prayer before a meal and began: "Hallo, Jehovah's Witnesses speaking..."

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Narkissos,

lol...That reminds me of an utterence of Milton Henschel when closing in prayer at an Assembly in Vancouver, Canada - " Jehovah our Father, we approach you through your Organization". He quickly corrected himself but the Freudian had already slipped.

I well remember a very kind young man named Vincent ? at the French Bethel who showed me all the sleazier parts of Paris with great relish when I was 'posted' there for a while. One cold November afternoon we sat in a borrowed Renault 'Poubelle' and downed a bottle of wine each, drinking from the bottle like wild things instead of wacking doors like the losers that we were....lol

That was not you was it?...

Best regards - HS

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Sorry HS, that was not me! (I was in Louviers, Normandy, not in Boulogne...)

Some managed better in Paris. For instance there were several JW musicians playing every night in the Lido cabaret orchestra (nude revue and champagne...), without any problem with the hierarchy... ( too)

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Narkissos,

Some managed better in Paris.

Well, I have to say that some of the most well read, cultured and interesting JW's that I met in my decades of involvement in the WTS was in France and especially Paris. I remember my time there with nostaligia, though I have to admit I was moving in the right 'circles' if you get my drift, which always helps and I was able to escape to a non JW relative who manages the Hilton at Orly for a little luxury when I felt the claws sqeezing ...lol

Take care - HS

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

This evening, whilst out at a friend's house for a dinner party, I was invited to ask grace (amongst other things, we had parsnips - I hope that meets with SS's, approval ).
    I'm already conscious that I've prayed at least once since then.

That's the beauty of having an invisible friend who is everywhere you go, and doesn't mind being interupted. You can chat away any time you like. I often find myself slipping into prayer.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Me to Little Toe. Isnt it great to have a real friend....

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

The last week, I have begun to question if anyone is really out there.....I used to think I was praying to someone, but now I wonder. I think I'm going through a crisis. I ask for help in what I do and receive none.......I'm very lost today......

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Strawberry:

I ask for help in what I do...

What kind of help do you ask for??
    To be honest, I rarely do that in any physical sense.

• alias
    alias

Last night before falling asleep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit