When Was The Last Time You Prayed?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

I said grace at an Apostafest...does that count?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "ULC Ordained" class

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Remember when the WTS said that if you remember when you prayed last, you aren't praying enough?

That's good to know Blondie! I'm not sure how many years it's been since I last prayed. I guess I'm praying enough!

• Panda
    Panda

Well, if I spoke olde Englifh and I woulde say to some honorable person, "I pray thee *something or other*" well that would be a daily multiple occurrance.

• gumby
    gumby

I just started recently again...........cept I don't know who I'm talking to anymore and so I do not address any particular one...........such as god, jesus, or Jehovah. I believe something put us here.......so just in case they are listening in on me, I thank them for the good things and ask to be watched and cared for. I don't say amen like a normal prayer either. I also have been doing it before I eat lately. Poor gumby.......he don't know his arse from a hole in the ground.

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

.....very interesting,Gumby.

• blondie
    blondie
    Poor gumby.......he don't know his arse from a hole in the ground

Gumby, that's because you aren't seeing your arse as much lately.

Blondie

• simplesally
    simplesally

Probably last week with my daughter. I have been trying to pray at night with her. She is so cute when she folds her hands, closes her eyes real tight and bows her head. She brings over her Bible Story book (not the WTS one) and she asks me to read it. She told me that Got is her friend. She says, 'member Mommy, Got lives in heaven."

• shotgun
    shotgun

Dear dear Gumby... I thank God everytime I read your posts that I'm not as stupid as you (I meant challenged). You certainly are an inspiration working through both your verbal, mental and sexual impediments...you are truly one of gods little children.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Minimus!!! If you are an unbeliever on the board Yes! I prayed for you. Valis you said Grace at the last apostafest.... Yeah!I bet you were saying "That GRACE( Mouthy) is a b h" come on now admit it!!!!:)

• bebu
    bebu

I think there's always a kind of running conversation or inquiring going on in the back of my head. It kind of makes formal prayers a little strange... Especially after you say, "Amen"... It's feels a bit like speaking from a stage to my husband, and then getting off the stage and resuming speaking normally (chat, debate, explain, or whatever) to him. I guess it's why I don't say Amen much.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit