Favorite childhood TV shows

by Nosferatu 47 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Well since you said "childhood" shows....I'l have to go back further than Andy Griffith.

I grew up in the mid fifties being born in 54'.

I liked Felix the Cat, Casper the Friendly Ghost, ......and Ed Sullivan in the early sixties when I stayed all night with my grandparents. They watched Lawrence Welk too. I don't remember my age when Huckleberry Hound , Quick Draw Magraw, Deputy Dog, and the rest of that gang was around.

Gumby

• Matty
    Matty

Ooh Ooh Geoffrey!!!

It has to be Rainbow!!!

• caligirl
    caligirl

Jetsons, Flintstones, Bewitched & I Dream of Jeannie, Brady Bunch, Looney Toons, Jerry Lewis Movies

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

I used to love the Sidney and Marty Kroft shows:

HR Puffnstuff

The Bugaloos

Sigmund

Land of the Lost

I also watched The Archies, Groovy Goulies, Star Blazers and the Electric Company (which was way more "edgy" than sesamy street, lol!), The Hillbilly Bears, Top Cat, Atom Ant.

When I was a little older I would watch She-Ra, Voltron, ThunderCats,

when I would get "sick" on Saturday mornings and couldnt go out in service I would watch The Littles, Alvin and The Chipmunks, and Duck Tales

Doodle-V

• alias
    alias
    The Puppy's Great Adventures

OMG, Nos! That picture you posted brought back some memories!

I was also an 80s Saturday morning cartoon addict. My faves included the Hanna Barbera Cartoons like the Flintstones and Wacky Racers. I also liked Captain Caveman, Scooby Doo, the Littles, New Shmoo, and the one ugly dog who had to wear a doghouse on his head. Remember that one?

I also lived for the 11:am weekend story special featuring kid-friendly stories based on books like the "Soup" series (Robert Newton Peck) and others. What a nerd I was (am).

I miss the good 'ol days! BTW, I grew up on Sesame Street and the Electric Company. Woohoo!

alias

• Princess
    Princess

Little House on the Prairie, had to see it every Monday night. My dad gave up Monday night football so I could watch it.

We didn't get to watch much on Saturday mornings. Only on the rare occasion when we didn't go out in service. I can't remember what we watched.

In the 1980s, before my kids were born, I used to like to watch Pee Wee Hermans Playhouse

So did we! Steve decided we had to have the video library. I stopped it after about ten videos, two episodes each PLUS the special Christmas episode. I just crack up when we watch them with the kids and see Laurence Fishburne as Cowboy Curtis...BEFORE Pulp Fiction.

Rachel

• aarque
    aarque

Captain Kangaroo..I absolutely loved that show, especially when he read stories. (mabye that's why I've been a librarian for the past 33 years...)

Rin Tin Tin (yo-o-o- Rinny!)

Circus Boy (remember Mickey Dolenz who would later tun up in the Monkees?)

Beany and Cecile the sea-sick sea serpent

Gerald McBoing Boing

Mighty Mouse (here I come to save the day...)

Rocky and Bullwinkle, Boris and Natasha, Dudley Do-Right

Tom Terrific and Mighty Manfred the Wonder Dog

Yikes...I think my age is showing.....

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I watched a show in Charleston, South Carolina called Happy Rain. She was a Native American woman who showed cartoons and played games. We lived around the corner from her, and I was horrified when I found out it was all dark make-up. She wasn't Native American after all.

My sister and I were on a cartoon show called Bozo the Clown taped at Channel 2. I was so damned shy all I did was look at the floor when he tried to talk to me.

I loved Deputy Dog, Pink Panther, Mighty Mouse, Quick Draw McGraw, and that cartoon with the black crow who just hopped and caused all kinds of trouble. I can't remember the name. And those bears who called each other maw and paw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit