Favorite childhood TV shows

by Nosferatu 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Sunday afternoons (after the K. Hall) we would have family over (non-JW's) and we would all either watch the afternoon featured Shirley Temple movie or whichever Tarzan movie was playing. The Tarzan movie show always started out with jungle beat music and jungle sounds and someone saying (yelling) S-A-F-A-A-A-R-I! And then the actual movie would begin. After the movie (and very often during) people would fall asleep all over the living room. It was a nice time and a good memory. Thanks for reminding me.

Oh, my favorite cartoon was Spiderman. I loved the theme song.

Steve

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I still love The Muppets.

I also liked reruns of I Dream of Jeannie. I was frustrated though because I was not shure if I wanted to grow up to be a genie and marry an astronaut or if I wanted to be an astronaut and marry another astronaut. Magical powers vs going into space?

I also liked Quincy--if that's the one with Jack Clugman who was the M.E.

The bionic man, bionic woman.

I still whatch Looney Toones whenever I can. My nephew and I whatch alot of Sponge Bob Square Pants.

• houdini
    houdini

In no particular order,

Dangermouse; Magic Roundabout; Clangers; Bagpuss; Mister Men; Top Cat;

It's great having cable with all the kids programmes on. I can revisit my childhood and watch them all again with my children

• azaria
    azaria

Some of the things I watched. This is really going back-takes a while to remember them. Popeye,loved tweety, yogi bear, (can't remember the hamburger eating character) Mr. Magoo, westerns-bonanza, Roy Rodgers & Dale Evans, the Rebel (Johnny Yuma), The Rifleman, etc, Tarzan with Johnny Weismuller, Lassie, rin tin tin, friendly giant, Disney movies-mickey mouse, his nephews Hewey,Dewey and Louie.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hailing back to the 50's...................we got our first TV in 1954 or 55. I loved Rocky Jones, Space Ranger, Sky King, The Cisco Kid and Wild Bill Hickock. Later I loved Ozzie and Harriet and The Wonderful World of Disney, which I rarely got to see because we had Sunday NIGHT meetings 7-9 PM.

I also loved all the Andy Hardy movies that were usually on Saturdays.

• azaria
    azaria

Mulan: I remember Sky King-loved it. What was the show with Lloyd Bridges? (and there it was-he said that all the time) ) Leave it to Beaver, Dobie Gillis. It's starting to come back little by little.

• azaria
    azaria

Just remembered- Sea Hunt. Dr. Kildare, Raw Hide (with Clint Eastwood-loved the music too.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

My favorites were:

• He-Man (By the power of Grayskull)
    • She-Ra
    • Thundercats
    • Tranformers (Optimus Prime was COOL!)
    • and of course, SCOOBY DOO (with out Scrappy, he ruined it)

CountryGuy

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

Anne of green gables

scooby doo

Dr. Who

Beverly hillbillies

Catch that pigeon

Gilligan's Island

• Soledad
    Soledad

The Super Friends! especially the wonder twins!

Wonder Twin powers,Activate!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit