What will you say to God in your defense?

by fearnotruth22 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    No banana, but I know just as all humans also have to confess that we aint perfect.

well....that being the true facts of the matter, fearno, God won't expect perfection now, will he?

Frannie B

• bebu
    bebu
    my qestion is how will I be compensated for my suffering or shall we forget about that and just focuson my conduct.

hmmmm.

I think there is a hint by what was said in Hebrews about Christ--he endured the cross and scorned the shame, for the glory set before him.

Once one's conduct is no longer an issue, suffering can also be a doorway for glory.

EVERYONE inckuding me wants to live a happy and forever without chasing a carrot...

...but in that case I would ask God to take away any inclination of evil in me so that I wouldnot do anything bad and lose my everalsting life.

Life is a carrot, but is it wrong to desire it? I do not think so; you have tasted enough goodness in it to desire it. I think we were deliberately wired this way, we recognize and desire good things.

What can a broken machine answer back to his inventor if it could talk?

Broken machines say many different things... we all differ. Read thru this board. There is no "ONE official response". The question is only, for each of us, what is your response?

bebu

Edited to add:

God won't expect perfection now, will he?

No, He won't! That's why He only says, have faith.... and see how this alone is not as easy as it sounds. But it is possible--really possible, not just loud talk.

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Banani:

WE dont know what God is going to expect, do we?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    WE dont know what God is going to expect, do we?

If "we" use logic, then...logically..."we" DO know what God expects, larc....IMHO

Frannie B

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Logic is dangerous be careful when you use it. That is how many became jws and left jws.

• Purple
    Purple

I only used what you gave me. YOu created me in your image so to condemn me is to condemn yourself. Argue that one Mr Big guy!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I think I would say...thanks. I don't know what perfection is, but, even with all my troubles, I would say I came out ahead, I'd do it again. And thanks for SEX. If there is a 'paradise' make it on earth. And REALLY, thanks you for SEX ! And in the 'Paradise' if I'm Perfect is SEX gonna be even better ?? Cause if it is, I will say "Thank God," again !

• obiwan
    obiwan

I didn't get the memo.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit