Do you have any evidence that the GB had bad intent?

by AlainAlam 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cha ching
    cha ching

Thanks Jeff, nice to hear from someone who was there.

Yep, it doesn't actually matter... if they do or don't, kinda...but it pmo (pisses me off) that they do! Grrrrrr...

I would have left either way, but I guess I just wanted to peek behind that curtain & have myself some well deserved dose of reality, long denied.

:-)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    AllTImeJeff - "...I was at Gilead a long time ago and met the then existing GB. I can only provide my anecdotal opinion that most of the GB believes their own bullshit about being 'chosen leaders', and it is highly likely that they know a lot of their prophecies are false..."

Like I keep saying...

...they know it's wrong... but believe it's true...

...at the same time.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

AlainAlam - The quality is poor but it's the only one I have ever seen on Youtube. This is the Dateline show that did an expose' on JW and child sexual abuse. At the time it was aired, Elders in the congregations were told to warn the congregations not to watch it. I didn't hear this mandate and watched it.

I was alarmed. I was shocked. How could God allow this to happen? At the time, the Society had always said that the elders were prayed over and Holy Spirit was active in choosing them. The Governing Body were influenced by Holy spirit. How could this exist in the congregation? I called my Brother in law who was an Elder. I said "Is this true? Are there pedophiles in the congregations?" His reply "You don't think Holy Spirit would allow that do you?" Of course it was inconceivable that things like that went on in the congregation if Holy spirit was involved. But, I didn't have a paranoid outlook on "worldly" news so it was confusing to me. I gave up trying to figure out if it was true because after all, God wouldn't allow such a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKWWO3Xa-bE

Several years ago, my Brother in law found out that the program wasn't lies. Look up Jonathan Kendrick and go view Reveal News articles by Trey Bundy on this subject.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I too was at Bethel and sat at the governing body table every day with all of the old time GB members and their wife's. Knorr, F. Franz, R.Franz, Sidlig, Jarred, Schroder, etc etc.

They were generally pleasant but they are in an altered state of reality and are quite caught up in being who they are. I don't think they sit around looking for ways to trick JW or get money from them per say but I do believe they realize that they've screwed up royally in so many ways. They like to put it all down to being imperfect and one could forgive them for that. The unforgivable thins is the way they never admit outright that they were wrong and that Jehovah isn't telling them what to say and do.

It's my opinion that they feel that for the good of the greater number, they are justified in just about any action that covers their tracks in order to avoid stumbling those who they've influenced wrongly. Most of us would call it lying and or cowardice but they call it "spiritual warfare". They are expert at convincing themselves of any number of delusional ideas and that includes the delusion that it's a kindness to the rank and file JW's who aren't as strong as they think they are, to shield them from too much reality including the fact that they aren't any more enlightened that anyone else.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PETE ZAHUT:

Thanks for the honest post of how you view the GB’s view of themselves and the world.

Since you were there in their company you saw it up close. You’re right about the expression ‘altered state of reality’.. Even though I was never in the ‘inner sanctum’ like you were and was on the fringes with a secular job, I still picked up on that ‘altered state of reality’ that some JWs were in and didn’t relate and had no desire to.

When that 1995 teaching on Generation came out, it hit me like a sucker punch just how unenlightened they really were!.. Since I had not read the article in advance, I heard it for the first time in the kingdom hall. It was crushing to know what an idiot I felt like and I was glad I at least never gave up my job.. I wasted precious time there. We are all getting old but I was determined I wasn’t going to get old sitting in a kingdom hall.

I knew then and there it was over and I had to get out. I was done with unenlightened religious people who had no more insight than anybody else. I ‘faded’ sometime after this!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit