Do you have any evidence that the GB had bad intent?

by AlainAlam 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

Ding:

"What about the overlapping generations nonsense? Do you think the GB themselves believe this is really what Jesus was talking about?"

That IS nonsense indeed. Never bought it. Never even understood.

I think in 30 or 50 years or so, when the end doesn't come and they have to change it again, they will claim that "this generation" refers to the generation living during the great tribulation rather than that living in the last days.

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

DesirousOfChange Thank you for your input. That's a possibility.

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

Incognito, thank you for taking the time to write this. You're right each could have his own criteria of what defines bad intent. I just wanted to say that I'm not asking for your thoughts just so I could dismiss them :)

You're also right when you say not everything is black and white. Just because their intentions are not pitch black doesn't automatically mean they are pure. That's something others have helped me understand.

"When honest mistakes are made, honest people will admit to those mistakes and will usually take steps to correct matters to prevent the same mistakes from being made going forward. What mistakes have the GB admitted to?"

That's a very good benchmark. I'm actually looking deeper into it.

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

TD thanks for the link on eating blood, I read it all :)

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

"When a common JW apostate like us can see through all the lies, deceptions, cover ups of the WT, do you think the people who run this show are not aware of these ?"

EverApostate, I don't think it's that simple. Allow me to illustrate: I come from a Muslim family. I started reading the Quran at age 12 or so. It was immediately clear to me that the whole thing was bullshit. I could see through it. I'm sure many Muslim scholars see through it as well, but perpetuate the lie for different reasons. But I'm also sure many Muslim scholars, even among the most educate ones, still believe it. Cognitive dissonance can be very effective. Particularly when we learn to "focus on the positive". When I was a JW, every time I saw crap in the Bible and/or publications I would focus on all the reasons I had to believe in the Bible/the organization. I hate religion :)

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

days of future passed: Thanks for taking the time :) I appreciate it. I went through all the verses and references. If I understand correctly, Rev 11 speaks of the beast coming out of the abyss [JW: political system] + the image of the beast [JW: LoN/UN], while Rev 17 speaks of a beast [JW: UN] that looks like the first one but is purple. Their interpretation since 1942 allows for the beast of Rev 11 to be the political system that persecuted them in the 1910s rather than the UN that wasn't there until 1945.

Of course the whole of Relevation is just *faceslap* but I don't think they're misleading on purpose to avoid ending up with an understanding where the UN persecuted them in the 1910s.

About hiding sexual abuse, I'm checking the evidence. Currently listening to the ARC recording. Thanks for mentioning the topic. But what's the "20/20 television show"?

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

Vidiot, thanks for your input. Yes, I'm learning to see that.

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

Magnum, thanks for the two-scenario illustration. I understand what you're saying. I think that to start with, they didn't even have the bad intention of "stealing", to use your illustration. But I'm seeing that at some point they chose to hide/lie instead of being frank/honest/transparent/genuine. This is where evil stepped in.

607 is a subject I never gave much attention when I was a witness. I was like "who cares". But you guys mentioned it often, in connection with Carl Olof Jonsonn as well as Franz, so I will check this out. Right after I'm done with the ARC issue and some other things I have in mind and will write about soon.

If you don't mind, could you please let me know when you start a thread on the disaster relief moneymaking scam? I don't check everything written on this website (there's so much!) so I'm afraid I might miss it :)

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

Finkelstein, yes, I wonder what they'll do when it becomes obvious their later "explanation" of the "generation" wasn't right either!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wonder what they'll do when it becomes obvious their later "explanation" of the "generation" wasn't right either!

Answer = We have new light brothers and sisters as to the reason why the overlapping generation has passed away

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit