Do you have any evidence that the GB had bad intent?

by AlainAlam 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

This is an easy one. They ‘Joined’ the UN. Yes.. I know the details. It was a “partnership” and they agreed to honor the principles of the UN charter. They boldly did thus behind everyone’s back. (Note: I was there)

Accident? I think NOT.

Also, every year the JWs read through the NWT in its entirety. When they get to the part in Acts, they intentionally twist what is written and avoid talking about what is really written there, namely that the “men” sent down to Antioch to enforce Jewish teaching on to the newly converted Gentiles, the men who fought with Paul over circumcision, we sent there by James who was a self appointed idiot. This is even in the Watchtower, that James was the “chairman” of the governing body at the time.

This governing boob bunch know this and intentionally obscures and suppresses the truth every time through the yearly reading.

nuff said

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Where is the evidence that your questions are honest and that you actually want an answer??

Get back to us when you have a child that is sexually abused by an individual who is a know predator according to the database kept by the Watchtower, and you are labeled as “spiritually weak” for questioning official policies, or shunned and disfellowshipped for questioning doctrine?

Where is your evidence that GB and their lawyers are simply inept and not malevolent? Inept and humble persons don’t normally attempt to cover their tracks by any means necessary.

DD

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Simply when they are wrong they never say sorry and blame every one else for there errors.

• caves
    caves
    AlainA- I could only conceive of their errors being either "honest mistakes" or "done with evil intent". I couldn't see evil intent, so I figured they were honest mistakes.

"Honest mistakes" usually get corrected after by the person or entity doing them, especially if said "mistakes" harm others and its something that keeps happening. In the case of the GB I'm sure we have all lost count! Child molestation cover ups repeatedly as one of many examples.

"Done with evil intent" would be a failure to rectify any "honest mistakes" that have caused and continue to cause harm. At some point one can only conclude that, A. They are completely retarded in every literal sense of the word. B. The cover up of their many lies both to the governments/authorities and the very members of their 'religion' are to cover the massive inadequacies of the ever changing doctrinal beliefs over time and to save themselves as an organization or rather "as gods mouth piece", as they advance it. I'd call that evil intent!

I'd also call your posts the last 24 hours highly baited. The reason is to many questions to which you are searching for someone to echo what you think and flat out tell people you will ignore their logic until it coincides with points you are asserting. Or lack thereof.

That is how its coming across. IMO.

But, I'm always open to correcting my perception. So long you recognize I am entitled to mine. As you are to yours.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Cover-up allegations[edit]

In some cases, members of Jehovah's Witnesses have been prevented or deterred from reporting child molestation to civil authorities.[55][56] Particularly since around 2000, the Jehovah's Witnesses organization has been accused of covering up cases of child molestation committed by its members. In February 2001, Christianity Today printed an article reporting allegations that Jehovah's Witnesses' policies made reporting sexual abuse difficult for members, and did not conform to typical treatment of such cases. The article also included a response by representatives of Jehovah's Witnesses.[57] The Australian Royal Commission heard that an elder discouraged an abuse victim from going to the police by saying, "Do you really want to drag Jehovah's name through the mud?"[9] In Ireland in 2016, two Jehovah's Witness elders were removed from their positions as punishment for reporting a child molester to the police after the London Branch legal department told them not to.[58]

The BBC reported allegations of a cover-up in July 2002, in an episode of Panorama entitled "Suffer the Little Children".[59] The report revealed that the headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses, the Watch Tower Society, requires all congregations to submit details of child abuse allegations and maintains an internal database on all cases of child abuse reported to them.[14] It described one case where a child came forward to the elders of her congregation to report sexual abuse by her father, but was sent home, despite their having known for three years that her father was an abuser. When the girl eventually went to the police, her father was convicted and sentenced to five years in prison.[59]

According to Witness spokesman J. R. Brown, Jehovah's Witnesses are not required to report crimes to elders before calling civil authorities. Victims and their families are free to call police, he said, although some don't choose to.[17] The Watch Tower Society maintains a policy with no explicit requirement for elders to report all child abuse cases where such is not required by law. Elders are instructed to "leave matters in Jehovah's hands" if an abuser denies the accusations and there is no second witness available.[55][57]

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Thanks Cofty!!!

GREAT RESPONSE!

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

AlainAlam,

A few questions worth considering:

1. What do you consider “bad intent”? Do you mean “malevolent”? Or “malicious”, or “having ill will” toward others? Having “ill will” would imply a purposeful action taken with a goal to harm. Or perhaps is it something more subtle, like refusing to accept evidence that invalidates a world view?
    2. Given #1: What would constitute acceptable evidence, to you, that the GB acted with bad intent? In other words, what would any of us have to prove for you to accept there is “bad intent”?
  • 2+2=5
    2+2=5

It started as bad, but when the evidence came in and things looked bad, the goal posts were slightly shifted and the ‘bad’ had to be ‘evil’

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I think they may have started out with good intentions (like the rest of us) but as we've seen by the way they weaseled out of their failed 1914 prophecy by replacing it with their ridiculous "overlapping generations" explanation. Rather than owning their mistakes, they are masters at tweaking reality so that it fits their own narrative.

Millions of us former JW's have had to face the music and rethink our whole lives once we realized that we were part of a hoax and were participating in a group delusion.

These folks, are willing to do whatever it takes to keep the show on the road and their imaginations know no bounds when it comes to rationalizing their beliefs and justifying their actions.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ALAIN ALAM:

The Reddit poster said: “the damage done..is due to unintended consequences of their actions rather than intention to do damage..”

I agree with this but there is a big HOWEVER. There is never an apology..or changing of actions that led to the unintended consequences! In fact, there is the distinct attitude everybody is just supposed to forget about the grievous wrong.

The religion is like an ever-changing amoeba.

I always felt there was an Unaccountability that runs through the whole Witness religion. To add insult to injury, there is Arrogance on top of that as in ‘how dare you question’ anything.

I told my story to an old friend who says “I carry a grudge” because I won’t give handouts to people who never wanted to work. She was married with a man supporting her and could not possibly relate to a working woman who was criticized. This religion cannot be forgiven IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit