Do you have any evidence that the GB had bad intent?

by AlainAlam 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

2+2=5 I've labeled apostates apostates. A person who renounces his religion is an apostate. I'm an apostate - proudly so. I didn't mean it in a derogatory way.

I haven't labeled the JW's as amazing. I said most of them are. That's my personal experience and belief. You're free to disagree of course. And to think I'm a biased troll.

And by launching accusations about me instead of keeping with the topic I started, you're hijacking the thread. So, yes, PLEASE stop feeding me :)

To 2+2=5 and everyone in general: I'll answer messages that are relevant to the thread and just ignore the rest, particularly when they're personal accusations. If there's anything else you'd like to discuss, please invite me to another thread or contact me on the side. Thank you!

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara so what do you understand the public declaration/confession of faith to refer to?

• cofty
    cofty
    Let me ask a couple of questions: "I have not the slightest doubt that they know they have misunderstood the blood issue". From what I read on your other post, I agree they're wrong, even from a scriptural point of view. But what makes you think they know they're wrong?

The position used to be simple. No blood - no compromise. If you die you will get resurrected. Simple. If they still believed it nothing would have changed. Instead they are doing everything in their power to compromise with bullshit about factions - even hemoglobin THE definitive faction. HLCs main job is to persuade JWs to accept every treatment that can possibly be justified. It is a damage limitation exercise. They would only do that if they had lost faith in their own dogma but would rather let people die than admit their error.

What makes you think they know that Jerusalem was not destroyed in 607 B.C?

The historical evidence is 100% against it and literally 0% in favour. We know that they understand the issue because of Carl Johanson's work and Ray Franz's revelations.

Regarding the UN, what were the real reasons, in your opinion? I've read about the subject, but I haven't read anything claiming they had hidden reasons.

Their motives are opaque but it is possible that they cosied up to the UN to gain political capital in countries where they are restricted. They even praised the UN in WT articles in direct contradiction to previous attacks on the UN. They allowed elders in Mexico to join the military reserve because if they admitted to being a religion rather than an educational charity they would lose real estate.

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

Thank you, cofty! I'm reading Franz's books, but have never heard of Carl Johanson. I'll look him up. Thanks for the rest as well.

• cofty
    cofty

I think their motives are nuanced.

Their raison d'etre is to protect 'Jehovah's organisation'. That justifies anything that needs to be done for the greater good. In the process of course they protect themselves personally from public shame but the fiction of the 'F&DS' allows them to detach themselves from their own liability.

In the process they have behaved appallingly and are responsible for thousands of wasted and broken lives.

Individual JWs are not admirable IMO. Anybody who prays daily for the immediate annihilation of 99.99% of the world's population so that they can inherit a dystopian New World is not a moral person. Anybody who can let their child die for want of a blood transfusion is not moral. Anybody who can shun their former friends and family for a thought crime is not a great person.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

They produced some DVDs about the organisations history, have you seen them?

They misrepresent what they believed prior to 1914, it’s a deliberate attempt to make it seem they made a special prediction

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

What person would claim any group as the majority amazing?

I think most Firemen are amazing people, most anthropologists are amazing, most war veterans are amazing, most electricians, most muslims..it doesn’t matter the group, just a silly thing to say.

I was trying to highlight your flawed start, you came with bias, you kind of announced it personally.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

For taking the time to reply in a concise, detailed and such a reasonable manner, thank you Cofty.

It’s critically important a site like this has people like you

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

Here's something someone answered me on Reddit:

"My opinion is that most of the damage done by the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses is due to the unintended consequences of their actions, rather than the intention to do damage to people. The real problem is their callous, pharisaical attitude caused by indoctrination from the time they were children (4 of the current members) or very young men between the ages of 17 and 22 (Herd, Loesch, Morris and Cook).

For example, I dont believe any of those men want to have children raped. But Jackson did not even bother to study the cases of the two victims that testified at ARC. He obviously did not care. He only wanted to defend Watchtower and his own position. The evidence the court record and video of his testimony. That callous and uncaring attitude is at the root of the CSA policy formulated and enforced by the Governing Body."

That was a real eye opened. I actually read it several times. Before his/her message, I could only conceive of their errors being either "honest mistakes" or "done with evil intent". I couldn't see evil intent, so I figured they were honest mistakes. Here's what I learned: There's a "middle ground" between these two extremes. I'll paraphrase him/her because I have no better way of putting it: "most of the damage done by the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses is due to the unintended consequences of their actions, rather than the intention to do damage to people. The real problem is their callous, pharisaical attitude caused by indoctrination". That's a real eye opener. Thought I'd share it here :)

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Loyalty to the organisation is more important than truth or intelligence.

This is what they expect. In my mind, that defines evil intent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit