Do you have any evidence that the GB had bad intent?

by AlainAlam 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    they are masters at tweaking reality so that it fits their own narrative.

The boiling frog is a fable describing a frog being slowly boiled alive. The premise is that if a frog is put suddenly into boiling water, it will jump out, but if the frog is put in tepid water which is then brought to a boil slowly, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death. The story is often used as a metaphor for the inability or unwillingness of people to react to or be aware of sinister threats that arise gradually rather than suddenly.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Your question could be reframed as follow: When the GB hurt or fail their followers, or perhaps God himself, is it with bad intent?

When someone with good intentions makes a mistake, you will inevitably find remorse, regrets and acknowledgment of the wrongs committed. Has anyone seen any such actions from the GB?

No. They act as dictators whose prime and utmost concern is their very own survival.

That translates to only one thing: Bad intent.

• Ding
    Ding

What about the overlapping generations nonsense?

Do you think the GB themselves believe this is really what Jesus was talking about?

If not, instead of honestly admitting that the critical 1914 teaching is wrong, they're keeping the whole false system going by obfuscation.

Sounds like "bad intent" to me unless convincing oneself that the ends justify the means is "good intent."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think what AlainA is trying to assert on this thread is that the GB men or past presidents of the WTS were just misinformed good willed and well intended people.

When you look at the activity of these men you see power seeking opportunist men who were willing to publicly pose themselves as selectively god's chosen ones who were being directed by god's holy spirit to preach a truthful and accurate preaching of Jesus's new kingdom order.

They weren't they were just commercialized false prophets preaching a false gospel not in line at all with Jesus's own instructions.

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

"I think what AlainA is trying to assert on this thread is that the GB men or past presidents of the WTS were just misinformed good willed and well intended people."

No, I'm not trying to assert that. I'm wondering about it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"I think what AlainA is trying to assert on this thread is that the GB men or past presidents of the WTS were just misinformed good willed and well intended people."

By and large, I think that is true of at least some of them. The older GB members were as mystified by the doctrinal "spins" of Freddie Franz as were most of us. Remember they were all uneducated, socially inept men. And, it wasn't until the clock ran out on many of those things (ie, this generation not passing away) that it became evident (at least to anyone not completely blinded) that Freddie had been all wrong all along. I think most of them died happy that death was finally relieving them of the pain of their cognitive dissonance.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Often, when posters ask for evidence, each poster has their own hidden criteria of what they will accept as evidence.

Perhaps only an outright admission from a GB member or documentation that the GB's actions and decisions are made with bad intent will be acceptable, but that is not likely to happen. Even when written evidence exsists (ie: UN proof of association letters and web page) JWs will usually automatically claim it was a fake document, created by 'apostates' to discredit the org. When ex-JW forum members respond to such evidence requests to provide examples in terms of the consequences of GB decisions and actions and GB attempts to conceal, mislead or outright lie (Geoffrey Jackson- ARC testimony) with regard to negative consequences, those examples are usually poo-pooed by the original poster when they don't meet that poster's undefined criteria.

Not everything is Black or White, Good or Bad. Just because the majority here consider the religion to be a cult and its leaders act dishonestly and arrogantly, does not mean everything they do is wrong, or has bad intent.

When honest mistakes are made, honest people will admit to those mistakes and will usually take steps to correct matters to prevent the same mistakes from being made going forward. What mistakes have the GB admitted to?

You ask for evidence, but the GB provide no actual evidence they were appointed by God nor that God or Jesus chose the JW religion as an earthly organization, yet, most active JWs continue to give their blind faith that everything the GB claim is 'The Truth' and has God's support and approval.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
  • TD
    TD

AA

But what makes you think they know they're wrong? (In regard to transfusion medicine)

JW opposition to transfusion medicine was born out of a misconception of what blood did in the body.

I've briefly documented the original objection here:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/188572/jw-science-quote-2-5

Instead of rescinding the doctrine when the original premise collapsed, JW leaders and policy makers have reinvented it several times over the years, as the cost in terms of loss of face and credibility in admitting they were wrong on something of this magnitude would be enormous.

The arguments which have replaced the original premise have all been equally faulty and they know it.

For example, regardless of what anybody thinks of the NWT (It's not very popular here) an organization capable of any sort of translation would have known that invoking the partial predicate "Abstain...from blood" as in independent construction is ungrammatical. (I can elaborate)

Arguments about the sacredness of blood, misuse of blood, etc. cannot be reconciled with official policy, which currently allows a number of preparations and procedures involving blood. There's actually no single part of a transfusion procedure which is not allowed in other contexts.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

When a common JW apostate like us can see through all the lies, deceptions, cover ups of the WT, do you think the people who run this show are not aware of these ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit