Breastfeeding

by Country Girl 67 Replies latest social family

• avishai
    avishai

Why is it that mostly women seem to be the the ones getting all bent out of shape at the sight of some titties? I mean, there are some that I dont want to see, & I've seen a lot, various festivals, etc. But it does'nt bug me at all, & no, I don't find breast feeding to be tittilating. I also think they should have the right to whip it out, sans blanket Especially down here in CA, where it gets hot in the summer. Hell, I can take off my whole damn shirt pretty much anywhere I want, except a restaurant, why should'nt women have the same right, especially for something that is necessary?

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Avi:

Interesting observation. Men don't seem to mind them *nearly* as much as the ladies do. Heh.

CG

• razorMind
    razorMind

I was coming into Walmart restroom while a young mother was coming out of a stall after breastfeeding her young infant......
    and Walmart is NOT above average.

EURRGGHHH.....

I'd breastfeed my baby in a Walmart checkout line , before going into one of those hideously nasty bathroom stalls. I'm all for discretion but my baby deserves better than a WALMART BATHROOM STALL OF ALL PLACES.

Sorry.....I'm just sitting here thinking of some of the more memorable "sights" (and smells) in the Walmart restroom in my area.....

Is there even such a thing as a CLEAN Walmart restroom?!?

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    So is farting, pooping, and sexual intercourse.

Feeding your child is not akin to any of the above... I find it sad that people do think of it like that. Of course I never just let my boob hang out, also my kids never bit me nor did they ever pull my shirt up. Mel would just look at me and turn her head, Ant called it Ninny and he would say "Ninny Momma" LOL I worry too that Moms that go out to the car could end up being carjacked ya know

.I just find it amazing that people have no problem with a woman at a fancy place dressing like a HO but a Mother feeding her child is different. I see tits hanging out all the time lowcut stuff why is that OK but feeding your child needs to be donw in a backroom or a toilet.

As far as how long you should nurse studies now encourage it until age 3, there are major changes in the breast milk which also includes some major immunity factors. For me it's no big deal my son was 2 he was very small (well Mr. Marine man isn't anymore) Mel wishes she had nursed longer than a year

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Feeding your child is not akin to any of the above... I find it sad that people do think of it like that. Of course I never just let my boob hang out...

Sheila - that's called public decency. I respect you for that. I wish more women would do it!

I just find it amazing that people have no problem with a woman at a fancy place dressing like a HO but a Mother feeding her child is different. I see tits hanging out all the time lowcut stuff why is that OK but feeding your child needs to be donw in a backroom or a toilet.

I hope you are not lumping me here??? Because that is not my viewpoint and I never stated that. If you are now looking at me that way, please don't put words in my mouth.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

BG: I didn't mean to indicate you felt that way, I was just expressing how I feel about it.

PS I do have to add many times I would much rather see a Mom feed her child then some adults and how they eat. My cousin was a Army Ranger and watching him eat is gross

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Sheila)))))

• Xena
    Xena

Andi you anti-breastfeeding nazi you...and here me thinking you are such a nice person...SHAME ON YOU

As I stated before my personal feeling was to cover myself in public, I felt more comfortable that way. I would rather other women do the same but I would never TELL them what they can or can't do.

When most people go out to eat they don't expect to be treated to the sight of a bare breast....when they go to a nude beach sure....but a public eating place...not normally, so it can be a bit uuummmm disconcerting.

Andi never said women couldn't do it, she just said she would prefer it not being done in front of her. Perfectly legit opinion.

Did this score me a BIG hug from you and the hubby at the next fest Andi???

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Xena))))

Andi never said women couldn't do it, she just said she would prefer it not being done in front of her. Perfectly legit opinion.

Did this score me a BIG hug from you and the hubby at the next fest Andi???

Big hugs ANYTIME sweety!!!

Sometimes I think people read over the words and don't READ the words.

Andi - of the "boobie-nazi" club. LOL!

• simplesally
    simplesally

Andi, don't worry, you are entitled to your opinion.

Like I said, I didn't let it all hang out and didn't have any problems. Most of the time, people thought my daughter was just sleeping against my body. I tried the nursing bras, but it was much easier to use a regular bra so it would just lift up when I lifted my shirt. I hated all the adjusting that went on with nursing bras and blouses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit